Public Consulting Group, Inc. (PCG) is a leading public sector management consulting and operations improvement firm that partners with health, education, and human services agencies to improve lives. Founded in 1986 and headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, PCG has over 2,000 professionals in more than 50 offices across North America and in Europe. The firm has five designated practice areas with extensive experience in all 50 states, clients in six Canadian provinces, and a growing practice in Europe. Often combining resources from two or more practice areas, PCG offers clients a multidisciplinary approach to solve their challenges or pursue opportunities. To learn more, visit www.publicconsultinggroup.com.
PCG is currently seeking a Software Testing Lead to join our Health Information Technology team, specifically supporting a project located in Salem, OR. For the right motivated individual, there is an excellent opportunity to grow with us and help further develop our Integrated Eligibility software testing and quality assurance business line across the Health and Human services market. This individual will work in a deadline-oriented, fast-paced environment as part of a growing team consisting of consulting and IT staff.
The Software Testing Lead will specifically serve in a lead role supporting an integrated eligibility system implementation project's User Acceptance Testing. This individual will be a primary resource assisting the all testing related activities for both pre-UAT and UAT phases. You will work collaboratively with the team's Test Manager and additional testing team to develop a Comprehensive Test Plan and associated sub Test Plans. This individual will oversee the day-to-day test case development and will assist with management of test execution. You will also be primarily responsible for the development of test metrics and status reports.
* Lead the production of client deliverables.
* Support the Test Manager and work collaboratively with sizeable testing team.
* Plan, estimate, schedule and track project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
* Identify and analyze project risks and initiate corrective action and contingency plans where necessary.
* Develop and deliver status reports and lead status report meetings as needed.
* Assist with preparation of other written reports and materials for clients and other stakeholders.
* Assist in the development of several management plans, including a Test Management Plan.
* Manage project documentation.
* Oversee the development of test cases.
* Oversee UAT test execution and participate as a tester as needed.
* Write and/or modify test cases as needed.
* Keep up with State and Federal Health & Human Services Policy, specifically Medicaid.
* Able to work independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
* Excellent communication skills, oral and written.
* Able to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
* Outcome and solution-oriented with a high sense of urgency.
* Reacts to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently.
* Able to effectively prioritize and move forward competing interests.
* Able to follow, critically evaluate, and improve upon current processes.
* Able to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including peers, management, clients and other teams.
* Able to effectively lead training sessions, presentations, and meetings.
* Able to learn, understand and apply web-based technologies.
* Ability to learn and understand Health & Human services integrated eligibility policies, functions, and processes
* Proficient in MS Office products, particularly PowerPoint, Visio, Excel, Word and Project.
Bachelor's degree is required. Masters degree preferred.
* Software testing experience in a management and/or testing role is needed
* Test case development and execution experience needed
* Minimum of 5 years of software testing / Quality Assurance experience
* Experience working alongside System Integrators
* Experience with NextGen platform a plus
* Public health experience, specifically Health and Human services agencies
* Health Information technology experience, specifically Medicaid Enterprise Systems a plus
* Independent Verification & Validation experience a plus
Project Management Certification (PMP) is a plus
Testing related certifications is a plus