Engility delivers innovative solutions to critical challenges facing the nation and the world. As a premier provider of integrated services for the U.S. government, we support the Department of Defense, intelligence community, space communities, federal civilian agencies and international customers. Engility is dedicated to making lives better, safer and more secure. Description:
Engility is seeking a highly motivated Data Scientist
to provide specialized engineering expertise supporting the acquisition of multi-intelligence (multi-INT) software services. The supported projects will deliver advanced cognitive capabilities into the Intelligence CommunityaEUs collection and analytic architecture and Intelligence Community Information Technology Enterprise (IC ITE) to foster increased efficiency and information sharing for the IC. The qualified candidate will assist and advise Government managers within the Intelligence Community. This position will be located in Chantilly, VA and all candidates must have an active TS/SCI clearance with CI Polygraph.
- Provide expert technical recommendations and engineering advice on the development and integration of cloud-based, real-time processing applications and data services.
- Lead system planning, design and integration to field capabilities for multi-INT analysis, collection orchestration, and managing data across a global enterprise
- Define key capabilities and performance requirements. Define technology maturity constraints in accordance with mission requirements. Define system implementation approach and operational concept. Develop architectural guidelines for current and future system development.
- Support innovation and implement emerging technologies by arranging demonstrations, providing technical evaluations, and updating the customeraEUs roadmap
- Support the development of independent program office cost estimates for future requirements as required
- Advise the customer throughout the acquisition life-cycle, to include review of Requests for Change (RFCs), Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs), development, testing, transition, and operations
- Collaborate with offices within the customer organization and IC mission partners to facilitate development, technical acquisition, and integration efforts
- Use expertise to identify issues and ensure sufficient requirements understanding or proper design considerations are included in technical solutions
- Must possess an active TS/SCI clearance with a polygraph
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field with 9 years experience strongly preferred; experience in lieu of degree will be considered
- Expertise implementing data science approaches for machine learning and discovery analytics
- Expertise in developing efficient, highly available software capabilities in cloud-native and hybrid cloud environments
- Demonstrated understanding of Systems Engineering and Acquisition processes
- Must possess an active TS/SCI Clearance with a polygraph.
- Certification in Amazon Web Services
- Experience and/or certification in agile software development (Scrum, SAFe)
- Experience transitioning legacy systems to AWS/C2S optimized applications
- Experience in Dev/Ops delivery of software capabilities
Engility Corporation is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. citizenship is required for most positions. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statements, please click here . Department: