The technical SETA contractor will support, and work closely with, the Y524 Integration System Engineer assigned to Y3. This position also supports, via the ISE, the Y3 Chief Architect. This senior systems engineer will provide dedicated technical support to the ISE in performing a wide variety of tasks requiring a strong systems engineering background and experience as well as a foundation in architecture and senior staff level communications. Responsibilities include:
Providing SE expertise to the Solutions Process capability needs acquisition for Y3 products/solutions/services across all disciplines of systems engineering to include requirements definition/engineering, as-is/to-be architecture engineering, reliability, testing and evaluation, risk management, etc.
Providing SE expertise to the Y3/PAC Architecture team, led by the Y524 assigned lead ISE, on various organizational actions and issues addressing the orchestration and integration of multiple programs, organizations, capabilities, products and services required to achieve desired mission outcomes.
Using a thorough knowledge of the Agency Enterprise Solutions Process, as well as knowledge of the Y3 suite of products/solutions/services, support the mission need triad in the development and review of technical solution plans for the Y3 directed mission needs. Specific responsibilities include engineering support to the preparation of solution plans as well as participation in, and capturing of, pertinent issues/concerns and follow up on the various triad planning meetings and solution plan "visibility point" sessions. Lead the triad team to completing a successful solution architecture review with theY3 Chief Architect by scheduling the review, leading the development of the presentation to include as-is and to-be architecture views, capturing liens and status from the review, and tracking completion of liens.
Provide SE expertise to various Agency/CAPs forums, including the CIP Triage Board.
Provide SE expertise through multiple mechanisms for technology transitions into the PAC Architecture such as those from Research and Operations, as well as supporting transitioning and decommissioning efforts internal to PAC. Qualifications
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, or a related discipline and at least 20 years of systems engineering experience. A Master's or PhD Degree may be substituted for two years of experience. Note: a High School Diploma or GED plus 24 years of systems engineering experience would also be acceptable.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Position requires TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
- A broad experience in systems engineering disciplines, specifically requirements development, architecture, system of system integration and architecture, mission use case and thread analysis and engineering.
- Demonstrated experience in cross-program/cross-organization integration; ability to work constructively and successfully with diverse stakeholders to resolve mission and technical issues is critical
- Self-starter, with high attention to detail and be proficient with Microsoft Office tools
- Previous experience in Y3
My SAIC Benefits.