Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours Mercy Health!Primary Function/General Purpose of Position
The Integration & Automation Platform Engineer II's primary function is to draw on their significant prior experience to architect, maintain and support the integration and automation platforms used by the Interface Development and Process Automation teams by developing and implementing the processes, standards, software libraries and associated documentation necessary to ensure that each platform is properly monitored, maximized for operational efficiency and availability, and meets the technical requirements of each platform's users. Additionally, the Platform Engineer II is responsible for ensuring that the platforms are kept up to date with the latest software and security updates. This individual must have a strong and broad technical background that encompasses operating system administration, software development principles and techniques, network protocols, information security, and database systems. This individual must also have a strong understanding of integration engines and healthcare interoperability principles. Works with the Interface Development and Data Management teams to ensure standards and best practices that ensure each platform is being properly utilized.Essential Job Functions:
- Designs and implements system architecture for integration and automation platforms using best practices for system performance, security, and resilience to failure.
- Analyzes system performance against the ministry's current and future needs to anticipate needed changes or expansion to integration and automation platform infrastructure.
- Curates best practices and standards for the proper and efficient use of integration and automation platforms.
- Provides technical support and solutions for the users of the integration and automation platforms.
- Performs upgrades to integration & automation platforms to ensure they are kept up to date with the latest software.
- Develops and documents standardized and supportable software libraries for use on each Integration Platform as needed or required by the Interface Development and Data Management teams.
- Develops scripts and processes to automate maintenance tasks such as startup/shutdown sequences, upgrades/migrations, and disaster recovery sequences.
- Develops dashboards and reports used to gain insight into the performance of the integration and automation platforms to ensure ongoing operational efficiency and to understand the future needs of the platforms.
- Assists with the execution of the BSMH target integration architecture in coordination with the Interface Development Team and the Data Management Team.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff to exchange information, ideas and answer inquiries.
- Participates in departmental activities relating to employee engagement.
- Performs technical review of new integrations and automations to ensure they adhere to the agreed upon standards for platform use.
- Using BSMH's change management policies and procedures, manages the change management process for integration platforms.
- Maintains a relationship with I&T leaders and staff, facilitating sharing and implementation of lessons learned and best practices across BSMH.
- May require after hours support.
- Infor Cloverleaf Level I/II/III (required)
- MCSE Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer or MCSA Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (preferred)
- UiPath Associate (preferred)
Bachelors, Health Sciences/Engineering/Computer Sciences/Information Systems (preferred)Work Experience
3-6 years experience healthcare integration, system administrationSkills
- Unix shell, TCL, and VBScript scripting languages
- Operating Systems Administration (AIX, Windows, Linux)
- Understanding of relational database design principles and SQL
- Understanding of healthcare integration and interoperability data principles and formats (HL7, X12, VRL, FRL, etc.)
Bon Secours Mercy Health is an equal opportunity employer.
Many of our opportunities reward* your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- Employer contributions to retirement savings plan when eligible
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
*Benefits offerings vary according to employment statusScheduled Weekly Hours:
SS I&T - Digital Solutions
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you'd like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health - Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours - Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at