When you join New York Life, you're joining a company that values career development, collaboration, innovation, and inclusiveness. We want employees to feel proud about being part of a company that is committed to doing the right thing. You'll have the opportunity to grow your career while developing personally and professionally through various resources and programs. New York Life is a relationship-based company and appreciates how both virtual and in-person interactions support our culture. General Overview:
Integration Architect will be a key member of cross-functional team in charge of enabling business- oriented value streams to build and drive the consumption of reuse assets and frameworks, designing technology solutions that meet the goals, requirements which yield desired business outcomes. Will help evangelize Integration best practices and standards, support simplification and modernization of our technology stacks by providing architectural leadership in the implementation of our API and Data strategy. Primary Responsibility:
- Provides domain specific technical expertise and leadership to develop integration solutions spanning business processes, platforms and environments
- Generates conceptual/logical architectures, system documents and risk assessments by collaborating with other Architects in the Enterprise - EA, Cloud, Security, C4E, Value Stream
- Drive innovation through API and Microservices
- Helps shape and define the API vision and objectives for a sizeable tech environment, ensuring API best practice, API service governance and delivering integration self-service enablement assets
- Supports application teams in utilizing the integration layer effectively to facilitate speed to delivery of business capabilities
- Develops, improves, validates, and uses tools to improve both the effectiveness and efficiency of architectural efforts, within both the area of expertise and scope of influence.
- A minimum of 10 years technical leadership and/or Architecture experience.
- 5+ years' experience with MuleSoft iPaaS, Platform & Solution Architecture that meets security, scalability, high availability, and network management/monitoring requirements in a hybrid cloud eco system
- Expertise with Service Oriented, SOAP/RESTful APIs, Microservices and event-driven architecture
- Expertise with Java/J2EE/Spring Applications
- Broad knowledge of web standards relating to APIs (OAuth, TLS, JWT etc.)
- Expertise implementing event driven architectures using messaging platforms such as Kafka, Active MQ, AWS SQS etc.
- Experience working in a highly collaborative environment, proactively innovating solutions that support the goals and desired outcomes that provide business value
- Experience of Agile delivery, CI/CD DevOps practices and principles
Education - Degrees/Certificates
- Understanding of DevOps practices and principles
- Excellent written and oral communications
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills
- Strong leadership skills including ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language; ability to communicate effectively to business leaders and technology subject matter experts
- Ability to build and maintain exceptional working relationships in a diverse environment
- Ability to facilitate or independently research application issues
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Proven ability to work in a team-oriented environment
- Possess high level of organizational skill and keen attention to detail
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science, or related discipline.
- MuleSoft Certified Integration/Platform Architect
- AWS Solution Architect Associate and/or Professional
Recognized as one of Fortune's World's Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and volunteerism, supported by the Foundation . We're proud that due to our mutuality, we operate in the best interests of our policy owners. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses "Be Good At Life." To learn more, please visit LinkedIn , our Newsroom and the Careers page of www.NewYorkLife.com .
Job Requisition ID: 86984