Albertsons Companies is one of the largest food and drug retailers with 2,300+ stores. The Albertsons Companies family of brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the professionalism, diversity, spirit, and friendliness of our people, we have locations across the U.S.
The Cloud IT Operations Department has an opening for an Integration Engineer. The ideal candidate must have prior engineering experience with integration technologies such as Kafka, MQ, and IIB. This position is located in Phoenix, Arizona or Pleasanton, California.Position Purpose
This position will be responsible to help drive and implement Albertsons strategic cloud integration strategy, and to support the business, application development, and project teams in the proper use and implementation of integration solutions.Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work with various project and App Dev teams to integrate applications with Kafka and various other integration technologies such as IBM MQ, IBM IIB, Striim, MIM.
- Review existing Kafka cluster capacity and forecast future requirements. Scale and build out additional clusters as required.
- Design and build Integration solutions that support data exchange between applications using messaging, ETL or managed file transfers.
- Guide project and application development teams in implementing appropriate integration solutions based on required use cases.
- Update team on new product features and new Integration Technologies.
- Co-author integration road map with Enterprise Architects.
- Complete Integration documentation, project documentation, and provide knowledge transfer to team and stakeholders.
- Publish and promote Integration Technologies and proper usage.
- Assure quality, security, audit and compliance requirements are met for supported area and oversee creation of or updates to and testing of the business continuation plan.
- Must have 4-year degree (Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience).
- 15+ years overall IT experience and 4+ years of experience with software engineering using various integration technologies, such as Confluent Kafka, Striim, IBM MQ and IIB.
- Must have 5+ years of experience in a highly complex and dynamic environment as an Integration Engineer responsible for design, implementation, installation, configuration, and 3rd level support of Integration products.
- 3+ years' experience as a Confluent Kafka Administrator, with working experience using Confluent Kafka Connect (JMS, JDBC), Confluent Control Center, Confluent Replicator or MirrorMaker, Confluent Kafka security (Kerberos, ACL, SSL, SASL). Confluent KSQL and schema registry.
- 2+ years of Cloud Administration experience. Azure experience a plus.
- Knowledge of using monitoring tools such as AppDynamics, Prometheus, Grafana or DataDog.
- Scripting in Shell, Perl, AWK or Python is required. SQL experience a plus.
- Must demonstrate proven ability to analyze problems, propose solutions, and drive issues to resolution, individually and when leading a group to reach a conclusion.
- Knowledge and use of Enterprise Managed File transfer solutions a plus.
- Knowledge of different operating systems such as Windows and Linux required.
- Knowledge of Network protocols a plus.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and team building skills are essential.
- Candidate must work well in a fast-paced, changing environment and can manage multiple projects, support, and initiatives all with different priorities at the same time.
- Candidate must be able to lead and influence others and drive collaborative work sessions.
Albertsons Companies is at the forefront of the revolution in retail. With a fixation on innovation and building culture, our team is rallying our company around a unique vision: forging a retail winner that is admired for national strength, deep roots in the communities we serve, and a team that has passion for food and delivering great service.Albertsons Culture Principles
- Compassion: We always treat each other with kindness and respect
- Team: We always support and recognize each other
- Inclusive: We always value everyone's perspective
- Learning: We always strive to grow and develop ourselves and others
- Competitive: We always act with integrity to win over the customer
- Ownership: We always take actions to drive our success
How to Apply:
- Work may be performed in a temperature-controlled environment.
- Must sit, stand, or walk for extended periods of time.
- May spend long periods of time at desk or computer terminal.
- Will use keyboards, telephone, and other office equipment during the course of normal workday.
- Stooping, bending, twisting, and reaching may be required in completion of job duties.
- Workday is fast paced; some evening and weekend work may be required.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting https://www.albertsonscompanies.com/careers/en/home.html
Diversity is fundamental at Albertsons Companies. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. A diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Albertsons Companies policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace -- some positions require applicants offered a position to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired. AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER