Integrations Project Manager, 50% Travel
Surgical Care Affiliates (SCA) has transformed itself into a leader in ambulatory surgical centers, surgical hospitals, and hospital-system partnerships. With Service Excellence as one of our core values, we are transforming the current Information Technology (IT) department to better position SCA as the industry leader in surgical care. Our IT team is focused on providing our partnerships and management teams with timely, quality technology support that is reliable and helpful.
SCA is seeking an IT Diligence and Integration Project Manager (PM) to facilitate the delivery of multiple, concurrent IT Acquisition and Integration projects as part of the overall Merger and Acquisition lifecycle. This role will be a key driver and organizational change agent in a new business strategy that is being implemented. RESPONSIBILITIES
Below is a listing of responsibilities to include but not limited to: General
General Project Management
- Manage multiple projects with dynamic requirements.
- Collaborate with different technology teams, to determine the specifications of the project.
- Collaborate with engineers and architects to determine the specifications of the project.
- Lead assigned projects to a successful completion within appropriate timeframe.
- Develop and utilize project plans and other tools to set typical project milestones, dependencies, and risk logs to set expectations with internal and external teams.
- Track project performance, to include, but not limited to, cost, schedule, and scope.
- The ability to balancing the constraints of resource availability, project timelines, and customer expectations.
- Identifying and document IT requirements
- Partnering with IT teams to document integration approach, design, and budget
- Proactively identifying and managing risks and issues
- Proactively build and manage the IT Integration schedules and provide milestones to the larger business integration schedule.
- Meet budgetary, technical, and business objectives and adjust project constraints based on resource analysis.
- Strong ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment; able to manage project tasks, scope change, and schedules to keep projects on-track.
- Prepare assigned project resources with necessary project-related information, ensuring proper understanding of project requirements, roles & responsibilities, work processes, and success criteria.
- Identify, manage, and change order new requirements.
- Participate in discovery meetings through project post-mortems.
- Ability to collaborate with engineers, architects, and construction personnel.
- Extensive communication with key leads across the organization to ensure seamless integration.
- Provide status reports and briefings, as needed, to stakeholders, including executive leadership, on project status.
- Conduct meetings with various stakeholders, SMEs, and vendors to develop SOWs, manage scope, establish expectations, and ensure successful performance of project.
- Assist with developing new processes and tools that improve the performance and effectiveness of the project management delivery.
- 3-5 years' project management experience in a software or technical environment
- 3-5 years' project management experience construction environment is preferred but not required.
- 1-2 years' experience managing integrations and/or acquisitions.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or equivalent is a plus but not required.
- Knowledge of Project Management (PMI) techniques
- Proficiency in project management software tools
- Experience using Service Now is a plus but not required.
- Bachelor's Degree in management information system (MIS), computer science or equivalent work experience
- Knowledge of IT Infrastructure and how to drive work through a service organization.
- Ability to proactively identify risks and manage; ability to escalate when appropriate.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 25% as needed.
- Proactive, decisive, action-oriented individual
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including with Executive audiences.
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, collaboration, facilitation, and negotiation skills
- Able to clearly explain technical issues in a way that nontechnical people can understand.
- Ability to be broadly focused and manage multiple efforts concurrently.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization, including staff, business stakeholders, and all levels of management, up to and including the CEO.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or