Description Job Description:
The Airborne Sensors and Analytics Division (ASAD) within the Defense Group of Leidos has an opportunity for an Integration and Test Engineer to use their experience in support of Leidos UAS programs in Huntsville, AL. Unmanned aircraft systems include software, datalinks, avionics, payloads and full spectrum of functional engineering activities including integration, testing, and process management. Active programs include the Agile development of new Scalable Control Interface (SCI) software for Product Leader - Command, Control and Effects (PdL C2E) and various internal research and development efforts. The applicant will support other new programs not listed as required with expertise spanning multiple technical areas. The candidate will be expected to contribute to software testing and integration activities as well as other engineering duties as assigned. The applicant will be instrumental in the development of creative solutions to complex technical problems that impact multiple area or disciplines to achieve stated functional objectives.
- Integrate and test multiple hardware and software components to meet programmatic objectives
- Perform unit, component, and software integration tests on mission-critical software in support of unmanned systems, and intelligence gathering products for ground based systems
- Perform software integration lab, hardware integration lab, ground and flight testing to validate software developed
- Document and communicate test findings with integrated, cross-functional engineering teams in a fast paced highly technical environment
- Participate in software design and code reviews to ensure delivery of quality products
- Conduct testing on software solutions that meet FACE 3.0 and UCS version 3.4 conformance
- Contribute to investments and research that fuel innovation and technological advancements
- Works to influence project/team leaders regarding solution design, process and/or approaches.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering or software engineering with minimum 3.0 GPA and less than two (2) years prior relevant experience.
- Experience programming in one or more of the following languages: C, C++, or C#
- Ability to multitask and work independently or as part of a team.
- Experience diagnosing complex system problems
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills to convey technical ideas in a clear, logical fashion.
- Ability to translate highly technical discussions into executable plans.
- 25% or less CONUS travel may be required
- Must be a U.S. citizen. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for a SECRET security clearance.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of multiple engineering disciplines (Integration, Software, Aero, Avionics, etc.)
- Report and/or technical writing skills
- Experience in system integration lab and/or field testing activities is a plus
- Experience in embedded systems and/or avionics software development
- Experience with the Agile software development process IAW USG defined requirements
- Experience with MIL-STD 882E and/or DO-178C
External Referral Bonus: Eligible External Referral Bonus $:
$2,000 Potential for Telework:
No Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Day Requisition Category:
Professional Job Family:
Systems Engineering Pay Range: