- Designs user interfaces for Company software, hardware and web products to meet customer needs and deliver optimum user experience.
- Leads interface idea generation, design and prototyping and works with project staff throughout development and testing phases to complete projects. Coordinates with product management, development, quality assurance, visual design and usability engineers to understand product requirements and identify solutions to user interface challenges.
- Develops creative responses to UX issues that arise during development and testing.
- Builds prototypes and simulations of user interfaces.
- Produces wireframes, flow diagrams, specifications and other design related documentation.
- Participates in user research and observes usability tests which are organized and facilitated by usability engineers.
- Extends and maintains pattern libraries, and other standards resources, to document common approach to Company user interface design. Builds interface design discipline as a component of the product development process.
- Advocates for user-centered design process and contributes to overall user experience of Company products.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent visual, analytical and conceptual problem solving abilities.
- Excellent organizational skills and a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work well in a multi-team cross-functional environment.
- Extensive sitting, phone and computer use.
- Extend and reach with hands and arms and use hands and fingers.
- Occasionally required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or crouch.
- May be required to lift, move and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Hearing acuity sufficient to effectively communicate with customers and Employees via telephone and in person.
- Ability to communicate verbally on phone and in person.
- Fluency in the English language.
- Weekend hours and weekday overtime may be required.
- Some travel may be required.