Huntington Ingalls Incorporated
Huntington Ingalls Industries is America s largest military shipbuilding company and a provider of professional services to partners in government and industry. For more than a century, HII s Newport News and Ingalls shipbuilding divisions in Virginia and Mississippi have built more ships in more ship classes than any other U.S. naval shipbuilder. HII s Technical Solutions division provides a wide range of professional services through its Fleet Support, Mission Driven Innovative Solutions, Nuclear & Environmental, and Oil & Gas groups. Headquartered in Newport News, Virginia, HII employs more than 42,000 people operating both domestically and internationally.
Huntington Ingalls Industries Technical Solution Division (HII-TSD) is seeking for a Interagency Strategic - Intelligence Planner to support our customer in Reston, VA. This is a major DoD Joint Agency Supporting CWMD's and CIED's globally. Due to potential mission changes, this role could shift from an Interagency Strategic Planner Intelligence focus to a Interagency Strategic Planner focused on other mission sets. This is a fantastic opportunity for an Interagency SME who has significant knowledge and expertise in the intelligence community, but with a willingness to support whatever Strategic Planning needs arise. The qualified candidate will be creative, resourceful, and enjoy interacting with all levels of government and contractor personnel.
Currently this role will lead Community of Action activities including coordination and support to J2/OA efforts, but a candidate must be willing to flex to other missions if requested by the government. The Interagency SME may be asked to lead interagency coordination and planning efforts for DTRA while providing the necessary strategic vision for enduring operations. The SME will take that vision and translate it into useable intelligence (or other) support and products for senior JIDO directorates and staff.
Essential Job Responsibilities
* Develops long-range objectives and strategic plans for corporation or major division by identifying internal and external strategic issues that could affect growth and profitability.
* Scans environment for business opportunities, maintains surveillance over market, and may perform financial analysis of acquisition candidates.
* Develops and monitors profitability, productivity, and growth targets.
* May prepare acquisition proposals, recommend financial and nonfinancial strategic objectives and alternatives, and implement and maintain strategic and operational plans.
* Plans and coordinates business reviews, resource allocations, organization structures, and financial analysis.
* Liaison, coordinate with, and provide full support to Communities of Action events on all C-UAS matters.
* Facilitate effective relationships with Combatant Commands, Joint Staff, Office of the Secretary of Defense, the Interagency, partners and allies.
* Build and maintain liaison relationships within the DoD, along with counterparts in other national level agencies, including those in the Intelligence Committee (IC), Department of
* Support daily interaction and information sharing.
* Work with limited direct oversight.
* Facilitate operational, tactical and strategic requirements in support of U.S. Interagency, Law Enforcement and DoD.
* Coordinate and liaise with appropriate agencies to ensure requirements are met and inputs are sent/received IAW established timelines.
* Support DoD and IC coordination and sharing efforts and activities
* Participate internally and externally in DoD and interagency policy discussions.
* Provide assistance in the development of long term plans, implementing and finalizing support to Intelligence operations.
* Facilitation of and/or effective integration into functional working groups from other agencies/departments and the Joint Staff.
* Provide expertise/guidance necessary to formulate and support implementation plans and future/enduring operational plans on processes, practices and policy interpretations.
* Review and provide improvement recommendations to Operational Plans (OPLANs), Contingency Plans (CONPLANs) and similar documents for the Community of Action.
* Expand interagency coordination with domestic agencies including law enforcement agencies.
* Support the Deliberate Planning Process.
* Understand and Analyze DoD Policy and Strategic Analysis.
* Prepare briefings, information papers, policies, strategies as well as staff, task, brief and report products required to initate, communicate and manage work across senior DoD-level staff and interagency partners.
* Other duties as assigned.
* 15 years relevant experience with Bachelors in related field; 13 years relevant experience with Masters in related field; 10 years relevant experience with PhD or Juris Doctorate in related field
* Excellent communications skills including significant briefing experience to senior level goverment officials.
* Must have significant interagency experience and both Strategic Planning and Intelligence Experience.
* Minimum 10 years of military or DoD experience with at least five (5) years of strategy and operational-level planning and policy development experience.
* Minimum 5 years experience working with various Interagency/IC agencies and Task Force elements.
* Demonstrated knowledge of DoD support to Civilian Agencies.
* Demonstrated knowledge of DoD support to Domestic Operations.
* Experience in policy development, strategy development, strategic planning and conducting mission analysis.
* Demonstrated ability to facilitate meetings and working group members on strategic objectives.
* Security Clearance: Must possess and maintain an active TS/SCI.
* 20+ years experience as an intelligence professional
* Substantial documented experience supporting Strategic Intelligence
Huntington Ingalls Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Vets and Disabled Employer. U.S. Citizenship may be required for certain positions.