Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours Mercy Health!
The Interface Engineer II's function is to draw upon their extensive experience in healthcare integration to design, build, and support HL7 interfaces using the Infor Cloverleaf Interface Engine and the Epic Bridges Interface Toolkit. This individual must be experienced in the industry standard healthcare interoperability frameworks (HL7, X12, and FHIR), the workings of integration platforms, and the complexities of healthcare application integration in order to maximize the use of the interface engine and promote best practices during interface development. Works with project teams, clinical users, application subject matter experts, and software vendors to establish the needed business and technical requirements to ensure interfaces are properly scoped, engineered, tested, and supported.Essential Functions:
- Performs business analysis and workflow review with business owners, clinical subject matter experts, and application analysts to capture business and technical requirements for each integration project.
- Ensures during interface development that the interfaces meet the defined technical requirements.
- Implements interfaces using industry best practices and adheres to defined standards and guidelines on the Infor Cloverleaf Interface Engine and Epic Bridges Interface Toolkit.
- Performs detailed unit/functional and integrated testing of all interfaces changes and documents results as required.
- Deploys new interfaces and interface changes into production environments while adhering to established change control policies and procedures.
- Performs ongoing monitoring of all changes to ensure proper performance.
- Participates in departmental activities relating to employee engagement.
- Works alongside interface resources with Epic Community Connect Partners by providing ongoing support and ensuring their interfaces perform as required on an ongoing basis and throughout Epic upgrades and new interface implementations.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff to exchange information, ideas and answer inquiries.
- Participates in the regular maintenance of the Epic Bridges interface toolkit.
- Reviews and implements Epic release notes, configures and reviews Bridges errors and associated error work queues.
- Maintains a relationship with I&T leaders and staff, facilitating sharing and implementation of lessons learned and best practices across BSMH.
- May require after hours support.
- Facilitates communications among various committees/teams related to system implementation and support of these projects.
- This document is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, or working conditions associated with the job. Employees may be required to perform other job related duties as required by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodation.
4 year/Bachelors Degree from an accredited university or college in the
Health Sciences, Engineering, Computer Science, or Information SystemsMinimum Qualifications
- 5+ years experience Healthcare Integration
- Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Infor Cloverleaf Level 1+ Certified and/or Epic Bridges Certified
- Knowledge of Healthcare Interoperability Protocols & Frameworks: HL7, X12, FHIR, etc.
- Ability to participate in multiple projects at the same time.
- Strong analytical and business analysis skills. Ability to perform workflow analysis and documentation.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skill
- Demonstrated ability to interact with multidisciplinary teams
- Understanding of the workings of integration platforms and the complexities of healthcare application integration
- Candidates who do not meet bachelors degree requirement may be considered if they have achieved applicable certifications and requisite work experience
Bon Secours Mercy Health is an equal opportunity employer.
Many of our opportunities reward* your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- Employer contributions to retirement savings plan when eligible
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
*Benefits offerings vary according to employment statusScheduled Weekly Hours:
SS I&T - Digital Solutions
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you'd like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health - Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours - Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at