Works in a team environment in the on-line technology practice area in the Department of Information Technology, and serves as a senior expert responsible for the county external and internal web site infrastructure and web application development. Responsibilities include:
- Designs, develops, and maintains web site, web content management systems, search and mobile application platforms for static and interactive content for the county's web presence meeting Section 508 accessibility guidelines.
- Provides technical project and operational support for county internet and intranet initiatives and projects and integration with the county's on premise and 'cloud' IT environments and social media.
- Executes integration of COTS, cloud services and custom applications and portals on the public web-site.
- Works with county agencies to advise and assist in web development and promoting user experience using modern concepts.
- Participates in IT solution selection and technical advisory committees, IT project teams and COOP and disaster recovery planning.
- Supports and assists with all activities in the e-Gov division, and performs other duties as assigned.
Any combination of education, experience, and training equivalent to the following: completion of an associate's degree with course work in computer science or graphic arts; plus internet/intranet experience that is demonstrated by the completion of at least three projects using platforms and technologies listed in the preferred qualifications section of the job announcement, or three years of ongoing internet/intranet development or support tasks. An industry recognized certification may be substituted for some of the experience that is required.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES REQUIRED:
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
The appointee to the position must satisfactorily complete a criminal background check.
Work is generally sedentary and is performed in a normal office environment. All duties performed with or without reasonable accommodations.
It is the policy of Fairfax County Government to prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or disability in the recruitment, selection, and hiring of its workforce.
Reasonable accommodations are available to persons with disabilities during application and/or interview processes per the Americans with Disabilities Act. Contact 703-324-4900 for assistance. TTY 703-222-7314. EEO/AA/TTY.