Our Client is looking for a Telecommunications Engineer in Raleigh, NC that has experience in IPv6 or IPv4. This position will start remote and eventually move onsite. It does require a Public Trust. If interested, please send your resume to Katherine at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Senior Telecommunication Engineer will be responsible for providing expert level design and implementation of solutions with appropriate redundancy, availability, and scalability, security, manageability and business requirements needed for developing complex service provider solutions. They will be responsible for installing, configuring, monitoring and maintaining a VoIP/TDM based Platform and services. Will need to have the ability to work both independently and with the team. Will need to engage with other teams both internally and externally to ensure our services meet the needs of the company. Will be responsible for on-boarding customers. Candidates should have strong knowledge and experience in VOIP based technologies, Internet Dedicated Access (IDA), Load Balancer, Session Border Controllers (SBC), Carrier Integrations, and various VoIP enabled technologies (i.e., call/screen recording, advanced speech and text to speech)
- This candidate will have 4-6 years of experience working with IPT/SIP.
- Experience working with VoIP technologies
- Experience working with IPv6, but IPv4 will be accepted.
- Provide system configuration, administration, documentation, and technical support for secure global VoIP network
- Provide operational support for network maintenance, upgrades, and new deployments
- Assist with monitoring and management of network
- Manage support tickets with the carriers and Telecom Vendors
- VoIP servers, SIP, network regions, trunk group configuration, signaling protocols, ability to implement and troubleshoot dial plans, ARS and AAR plans
- Telecom Carrier management knowledge such as Trunk management, telecom routing, RespOrg, portability
- Familiar with Network and Telecom technologies (IE: Cisco, Oracle SBC, Ribbon, Juniper, Palo Alto
- As a reminder, this position does require the candidate to receive a Public Trust before starting.
Project Specific Qualifications and Skills:
- 4+ years' experience with SIP stack integration, VoIP and Streaming Technologies: SIP, RTSP, RTMP, SIP-to-PSTN gateways, SIP Trunk, WebRTC, etc.
- Technical knowledge of VoIP, SIP, PSTN, SD WAN
- Deep understanding of VoIP quality issues and mitigation strategies
- VoIP quality issues and mitigation strategies
- Experience with carrier provisioning, billing, APIs, and troubleshooting
- Experience with Session Border Controllers, Cloud Base Telephony, API Integrations
- Strong understanding of Linux deployment
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at email@example.com