Internet of Things (IoT) Platform Architect - Manager
Deloitte is defining the digital landscape. We are pioneering a new model for a new digital world. Do you like to challenge the status quo? Does curiosity feed your soul? Are you addicted to the thrill of creating? Do you want to be your authentic self at work? Then consider a career within our Advanced Technologies Solutions practice. Creative design, state-of-the-art technology, and your imagination merge here to create lasting impact for our clients. Not to mention make for a pretty fun and meaningful career!
Work you'll do
You'll use your digital expertise to create unique solutions for each client. You won't work alone. You'll work alongside smart, dynamic colleagues. As an IoT Platform Architect, you will be an important part of our project teams and you will directly contribute to and influence the ultimate client outcomes we care so much about. You will use your development skills and be responsible for overseeing the quality design and build of an IoT platform (i.e. GE Predix, PTC ThingWorx, Amazon Web Services (AWS)) that will collect data from physical assets (i.e. jet engines, wind farms, trains, etc.) and enable analytics that drive business operations - cool!
Supply Chain andNetwork Operations
Our Supply Chain and Network Operations team helps clients transform their value chains into competitive weapons. We drive efficiency, improve flexibility, and increase responsiveness through proactive insights and decision-making. We advise, implement, and operate transformational solutions that bring world-class supply network and operational capabilities to our clients. We provide operational know-how, digital technologies, advanced analytics, and industry-specific hybrid solutions to deliver unprecedented client value. Additionally, we improve operations, product, and material flow across the breadth of the value chain and create greater supply network synergy and value through M&A events.
Any one of the following:
• Work experience building software applications using Java and related technologies (Spring, Eclipse, SQL, Unit Testing, Git)
• Work experience in Cloud solutions architecture, including migration of existing applications to AWS or building Cloud-native applications in AWS, AWS Solutions Architect and/or Developer Certification
• Architect level implementation experience with the design, implementation and operation of a full-scale IoT architecture from asset connectivity, to data aggregation and normalization, to integration to other enterprise technology systems such as the ERP system
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, or other technology-related field or equivalent number of years of experience
• Knowledge of software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, and testing
• Implementation experience in AWS IoT services
• Strong understanding of SDLC methodologies (Agile, SCRUM, RUP, other)
• Ability and willingness to innovate and learn new technologies quickly
• Ability to travel to client sites 80-100% of the time
• Certifications or experience with PTC ThingWorx, GE Predix, or AWS
• ORM (JPA/Hibernate), SOA (SOAP/REST), Message Queues, Unix/Linux, Maven, Jenkins, Agile, JIRA/Atlassian Tools, JMeter, Apache Libraries, Distributed/Parallel Computing
• PostgreSQL, ActiveMQ, Scala, Hadoop, Apache Spark, EIP (Camel), AI/Machine Learning, ZooKeeper, Big Data, Chef, Docker, Packer
• Manufacturing, Energy, Life Sciences, Health Care, or Smart Cities experience
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.