LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY, NO 3RD PARTY
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
• Responsible for leading and successfully delivering on time multiple (often concurrent) high priority, complex projects, i.e. software implementations, data restructuring, systems integrations, report development, etc.
• Responsible for documenting and managing the following functions in connection with the project portfolio, including but not limited to:
o Project planning, timelines and governance;
o Financial and resource budgeting;
o Developing, monitoring and tracking schedules for timely execution, including clearly highlighting methods used and assumptions made when communicating estimates;
o Raising early warning flags and escalating issues to senior management and stakeholders on a timely basis;
o Driving issue resolution by working with stakeholders in analyzing new solutions and/or estimating cost/benefits and risks of changing project scope;
o Performing analytics and providing input/recommendations to enhance solutions and project outputs; and
o Reporting progress to senior management on a regular basis using consistent, timely, and well-crafted project status reporting and communications.
• Scans landscape and originating ideas to solve business problems, in addition to shaping ideas from stakeholders.
• Takes a project from ideation stage through business analysis, technical specifications, quality assurance, delivery and transitioning successfully to a line-operation with all related documentation and user trainings.
• Mentors others in project management and offers various problem-solving tools to guide people, processes and outcomes.
• Will report to the Chief Financial Officer.
• Ability to work independently is required.
One direct report. May indirectly supervise personnel in other departments serving as project managers on certain projects.
Qualifications & Skills:
• Deep & proven experiences as a project manager (8+ years) in the investment management industry including managing projects through the entire life cycle, such as business analysis, technical specification writing, quality assurance and business process documentation and implementation.
• Domain expertise across the investment operations space with special focus on reference data, settlements, and clearing.
• Proven investment business knowledge (8+ years) of end-to-end processes (Custody, Accounting, Post Trade Compliance, Performance, etc.)
• Experience in full-lifecycle technology and process change, including hands-on work with technology groups and IT implementations.
• Exposure to multiple modes of visualization methods to deliver information to users.
• Proven vendor management experience (contracts/sourcing, negotiation, delivery, resourcing).
• Proven experience in successfully completing complex deliveries with interfacing teams across different departments.
• Proven experience in managing scope where requirements and priorities could be dynamic.
• Ability to work independently under pressure and to tight deadlines; capable of building relationships in diverse environments.
• Experience using key foundational project management tools to enable effective program status reporting, performance reporting and project dashboards, as well as staying current with new technologies, tools, and methods.
• Demonstrates the following interpersonal attributes: adaptable, flexible; uses grace & tact under pressure; unflappable when confronting challenges; resilient critical and creative thinker; high emotional intelligence; and proven abilities to influence others.
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, Computer Science or related area.
5 Anna Way Norton, MA, 02766Contact