Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can-t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You-ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers- lives. We-ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you-ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you-ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate Investments manages over $80 billion in assets across portfolios for three major clients. The Allstate Investments Technology group is composed of 70+ individuals across a variety of areas including software development, database management and architecture. We recognize that our employees are our ultimate advantage and we seek to attract talented individuals with a deep interest in investments, technology and customer service.
- Participate in the full software development lifecycle: requirements gathering, planning, development, testing, and deployment
- UI/UX design and implementation: conducting user interviews, supporting a wide range of devices and browsers, and ensuring accessibility
- Maintain existing data platforms
- Collaborate with other teams to automate processes and ensure appropriate ongoing access to data
- We work in an Agile SCRUM environment with 2-week sprints
- Embrace a self-directed/self-managed approach
- Undergrad degree in computer science, or successful completion of a web development boot camp
- UI/UX design experience (React or Angular experience strongly preferred)
- Database experience using Oracle or SQL Server (T-SQL, PL/SQL)
- Comfortable with varying (and reactive) daily responsibilities
- 3+ years of experience in relevant technologies
- Source control (preferably Git/GitHub)
- Experience developing ETL jobs
- Experience in environments with CI/CD pipelines and tool automation (Jenkins, Artifactory, SonarQube, Octopus Deploy)
- Collaborate and communicate well with others, strong written and verbal communication, comfortable with varying (and reactive) daily responsibilities
- Break down business problems into solvable components to recommend solutions
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen. Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands-.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that-s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you-ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter
or watch a video
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the Company-s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee-s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment