Title: IoT Lead Embedded Cloud Engineer
Responsibilities: Lead and collaborate with team to design, plan, develop, and maintain software components for Internet of Things devices and Cloud.
- Responsible for the implementation and delivery of embedded software products through product lifecycle.
- Collaborate with Marketing, manufacturing and other support groups.
- Define and implement new processes and improvements.
- Identify and create new technologies to better address customer needs.
- Participate in technical feasibility analysis and prototyping activities.
Requirements: - 8 years experience in developing cloud (Google Cloud Platform, AWS, Azure) micro-services
- 10+ years experience developing embedded software in C/C++
- Experienced in the architecture, design, device/cloud integration, and development of Internet of Things
- Experience and familiarity with modern control theory and applications.
- Design and debug experience for solutions involving hardware, embedded firmware, server back-ends at scale, mobile, and web
- Experience with device and cloud software development
- Experience with Internet of Things communication protocols such as https, web-sockets, MQTT with XML/JSON payloads, XMPP, COAP, and Thread
- Strong understanding of REST, micro-services architecture & best security practices
Familiar with wireless technologies (WiFi, Zigbee, LoRa, BLE, BLE Mesh).
- Familiar with industry standard embedded design and debugging tools (JTAG,
protocol analyzers, emulators).
- Familiar with Configuration Management tools (Version control, bug tracking, change
management, automated builds, and coding standards).
**Prefers a Masters Degree Electrical/Computer Engineering or equivalent is required.