Why Work at Dell?
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility.
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities.
The Dell Technologies Internet of Things Solutions Division is seeking an IoT Software Engineer to build next generation IoT products and solutions. This is a unique opportunity to grow with the evolving field of IoT and deliver significant business value to our customers in domains including Manufacturing, Energy, Transportation, Logistics, Agriculture, Mining, Healthcare, Retail and Smart Cities. Key to this role will be developing software to federate a better together story across the Dell Technologies product portfolio as well as integrating with assets from our strategic partners. You will work as part of an agile, globally distributed team on the latest technologies and tools and engage with technology leaders from across the Dell Technologies portfolio businesses and partner organizations.
We are looking for a talented technical professional with at least 5-7+ years of proven experience in designing and developing software for distributed systems. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual to lead a software development team for a large application domain using innovative technologies and working in a cross-team and cross-geo environment.
Are you passionate to participate in something new? Do you work very efficiently and routinely deliver the right things? Do you have a system-wide, architectural view of the solutions that you build, and consistently tinker in various modules, from data ingestion, to UX, to database, and back-end design?
We have a growing team of engineers who are all eager to solve big challenges. We use various development methodologies to meet business objectives, building our software incrementally, shipping code continuously and refactoring systems as needed. We strive to maintain a reasonable work-life balance on our team, and to promote an atmosphere of learning from each other. If our business and culture sound like they might be a fit, we’d love to hear from you. Responsibilities
- Design and implement code ensuring scalability, performance and security
- Code and implement new algorithms to solve complex problems
- Aid in key architectural and technology decisions as well as design and code reviews
- Maintain working technical knowledge of the domain and market
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional distributed teams Engineering, QA and Product Management in all phases - Requirements, Development, Testing, Launch/Release
- Document best practices and architectural references in developing and deploying product solutions
- Work in an Agile development environment while continuously evaluating and improving engineering processes
- Aid the IoT Solutions Engineering team in building reference architectures for key IoT use cases
- Aid the IoT CTO and Ecosystem team in the evaluation and application of new technologies and partner offerings
- Strongly desired
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field (Master Degree preferred) or relevant experience
- 5-7+ years of professional experience in software development, or a combination of professional experience plus internship and/or Master Degree
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
- Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as Java, Go Lang, C/C++ or related
- Working knowledge of Virtualization and Containerization stacks and tools. Experience with specific container and cluster orchestration technologies, such as Docker, Mesos, Kubernetes, Swarm, etc is a plus.
- Experience working with Linux and Windows operating systems
- Experience with DevOps procedures and tools to include Maven, Gradle or similar; CI tools - Jenkins or similar; SCM tools – Git or similar
- Experience with unit, integration and blackbox testing procedures and tools like JUnit, TestNG, Cucumber, Postman, etc.
- Experience in communicating with technical teams, and product management to collect requirements, describe and clarify software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
- Experience in sharing knowledge with software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective product software engineers
- Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team
- Experience working with embedded devices and/or embedded systems
- Good understanding of SDLC, Agile methodologies. Agile development experience as a SCRUM Master is a strong plus.
- Working knowledge of Kafka, KStream or other related stream processing frameworks such as Samza, Flink
- Working knowledge of IoT platforms (e.g. Azure IoT Suite, AWS IoT, Google IoT Core, SAP Leonardo, IBM Watson, Software AG Apama)
- Working knowledge of OT (e.g. fieldbusses) and IT connectivity protocols
- Experience working with open source software and communities
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success. Benefits
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment. Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here .