Working in a creative and fast-paced environment, the Software Developer II will support business functions through the development, implementation, and maintenance of applications and systems. Among others, your responsibilities will include the following:
- Contribute software development expertise to multiple projects and ensure that specifications are met.
- Design, code, test, debug, maintain, and document software applications.
- Follow established software development standards and procedures.
- Work with complex application features and technical designs.
- Participate in peer code and design reviews.
- Coordinate with departments and users in the support of business applications.
- Represent the IT department in terms of software development expertise in coordination with other departments.
- Other specific duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will excel at operating in a diverse and fluid environment, and will be crucial for the success of the Information Technology Division.
- You have a Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or Software Engineering or experience equivalent.
- You have 3 years of experience with the following software, systems and applications:
- JEE, EJB 3+, Hibernate 3+, JMS, JSF, JBoss 6+
- Oracle 10g+; RDBMS concepts
- Spring Framework
- Application Development/Software Engineering/Design Patterns
- Web application development
- Object oriented design and architecture
- Technical Documentation
- You have analytical and problem solving skills.
- You have developed and/or created new or more effective ideas, approaches, etc.
- You have developed and executed short-range plans/decisions.
- You have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- You have the ability to exercise sound judgment across a broad range of circumstances.
The following skills are desired:
- You have experience with integration of application software and RDBMS.
- You have knowledge of configuration management, release management principles.
- You have knowledge of application security concepts.
- You have experience with agile SDLC; Scrum preferred.
- You have knowledge of networking and system engineering concepts.
- You have experience with PL/SQL.
- You have experience with scripting languages.
- You have experience with Oracle Access Manager (OAM).