Role: Senior ETL Developer (Fulltime/Permanent)
Location: Mineola, NY
Analyze, design, implement and maintain Health’s ETL programs. The Senior ETL Developer works with the ETL Supervisor and ETL team in accelerated development and deployment of health care ETL, EDI and proprietary interfaces. Working closely with developers, a data architect, analysts, and business users, the Sr. ETL Developer is challenged with implementing robust, reuseable development for SSIS and ETL packages.
Principal responsibilities include:
- Provide support to IT management with developing and implementing a comprehensive ETL & EDI strategy.
- Create and manage SSIS packages, ETL packages, triggers, stored procedures, views, SQL transactions.
- Develop new secure data feeds with external parties as well as internal applications including the data warehouse and business intelligence applications.
- Maintain and enhance key client systems including the Pre-Processor, Provider Not Found and Member Not Found interfaces.
- Perform analysis and QA.
- Lead SQL and SSIS programming initiatives.
- Work to train key IT Staff on advanced SSIS, SQL, XML (x12) and EDI techniques and design patterns.
- Diagnose ETL and database related issues, perform root cause analysis, and recommend corrective actions to management.
- Work with a project team to support the design, development, implementation, monitoring, and maintenance of new ETL programs.
- Complete other related duties and special projects as assigned by IT management.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
- Technical job knowledge: Core competency required in TSQL, EDI interfaces, SSIS, Erwin, x12, SQL Server 2008R2 - 2014 ETL development, database administration and analysis.
- Expert knowledge of and significant experience with x12 EDI transaction sets
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Excellent skills in writing technical design specifications.
- Superior problem solving and troubleshooting capabilities.
- Ability to attend meetings and participate in small teams effectively.
- Communications: Preparing written and verbal reports and documenting related key information services.
- Customer service: Building and maintaining working relationships with key personnel in other departments.
- Compliance: Complying with the organization’s Code of Conduct, all regulatory and contractual requirements, organizational policies, procedures, and internal controls.
- Compliance: Ensure that all work is accurate and in compliance with departmental or project quality standards.
- Constant and close visual work at desk or computer.
- Constant sitting and working at desk.
- Constant data entry using keyboard and/or mouse.
- Frequent use of telephone headset.
- Constant verbal and written communication with staff and other business associates by telephone, correspondence, or in person.
- Frequent lifting of folders and other objects weighing between 0 and 30 lbs.
- Frequent walking and standing.
EDUCATION OR TRAINING EQUIVALENT TO:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science.
- Professional experience in a health care setting is highly desirable and a definite plus.
MINIMUM YEARS OF ADDITIONAL RELATED EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum five years experience in ETL programming utilizing SSIS packages, DTS, stored procedures, Informatica, Pentaho and SQL scripts desired.
- Minimum seven years demonstrated professional experience in IT development and support roles with at least 4 years of direct ETL experience.
- At least 3 years of building EDI file sets including data extraction/consumption and data loading from/to EDI file sets.
- Experience working with Healthcare-related EDI files (834, 835, 837, etc.)
SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS (SKILLS, ABILITIES, LICENSE):
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills required.
- Experience in SSIS package versions 2008R2/2012.
- Working knowledge of Visual Basic/.NET programming is required.
- Working knowledge of the health care industry EDI transaction sets including the 5010 file layouts.
- Experience moving, manipulating, and integrating data between disparate systems is required.
- Familiarity and experience working in a Unix-based system including the ability to read and perform basic maintenance on shell scripts.
- Experience with Automate tools a plus.
- Experience with EDIFECS tools a plus.
- Strong customer service background and ability to work in a multidisciplinary company.
- Strong interpersonal skills, mature judgment, and diplomacy required to interact effectively with a broad spectrum of people, both individually and in groups.
- Experience in use of various computer system software as well as Windows, Visio, MS Word, Excel, Project, and PowerPoint.