JAVA/AWS Developer (Middleware & App Integration)
CGI has an immediate need for a JAVA/AWS Developer (Middleware & App Integration) to join our financial services team in Reston, VA. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a fast-paced team environment supporting one of the largest leaders in the secondary mortgage industry. We take an innovative approach to supporting our client, working side-by-side in an agile environment using emerging technologies.
Your future duties and responsibilities
The JAVA/AWS Developer will be responsible for supporting the project team in developing and maintaining code for service platforms. There is a strong emphasis in automated deployment, infrastructure automation solutions, and continuous delivery processes.
• Work with product owners and other development team members to determine new features and user stories needed in large/complex development projects
• Create or Update documentation in support of development efforts. Documents may include detailed specifications, implementation guides, architecture diagrams or design documents.
• Participate in code reviews with peers and managers to ensure that each increment adheres to original vision as described in the user story and all standard resource libraries and architecture patterns as appropriate.
• 24x7 Operations and On-call support. Respond to incidents to trouble/support calls for applications in production.
• Serve as a technical lead for an Agile team and actively participate in all Agile ceremonies. Participate in all team ceremonies including planning, grooming, product demonstration and team retrospectives
• Leverage Clients' DevOps tool stack to build, inspect, deploy, test and promote new or updated features.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• At least 7+ years of continuous hands-on experience
• Proficiency in programming languages like Java (must-have), J2EE, Ruby, Python, etc. together with Spring Boot/ Spring Framework + Security + Data. Java concurrency and multi-threaded applications.
• Unix Platform, JBoss, TomCat app servers, Apache webServer, Oracle DB, Hibernate
• Integration experience using RESTful APIs, SOAP and JMS/EMS integration patterns
• CI/CD full life cycle process, DevOps, using GitHub, SVN, Maven, Jenkins
• Experience on in-memory technologies like GemFire, Redis, MemSQL, etc.
• AWS cloud native products EC2, EB, EBS, Elasticache, CloudFormation, CloudWatch, S3, RDS, etc.
• Knowledge and experience Linux OS, XML/JSON, JMS, Ansible or Puppet.
• Strong UNIX/Linux skills and knowledge of Shell scripting
• Experience with Cloud technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or equivalent Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change-supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com
. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here
to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI's legal duty to furnish information.