Please note that this is a 1 year contract position.
PLEASE ADD LINKEDIN PROFILE TO RESUME!!
The Developer will provide technical expertise in the area of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), on a Messaging & Component Services Operations team. This team is responsible for working with projects/initiatives by on-boarding them to our supported services and supporting them for any Production Issues.
* Provide consultation to Application Teams for Integration with Messaging & Component Services
* Support several key SOA processes as well as their associated infrastructure components and services such as Configuration Management & deployment, Monitoring/Management etc.
* Provide 24 X 7 support for production issues on an as-needed basis and support for all lower environments issues during business hours
* Work on service related infrastructure maintenance activities
* Work on enterprise compliance related activities
* Work on code migration activities and functional/performance testing of service releases
* Work on documentation of support processes and shakeout
* Provide Subject Matter Expertise on Java/J2EE based services
* Design and Develop prototypes/applications/services utilizing Java/J2EE to support and streamline our business applications.
* Ensure correct Usage Pattern is used by application Teams using Messaging & Component Services
* Perform Code Review for applications integrating with Messaging & Component Services to ensure issues are handled upfront.
* 6-8 years experience in Java development, concurrency, middleware, distributed computing and Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
* Proven history of successful interaction with internal customers and enterprise IT department
* Proven experience in production support and issue resolution
* Strong working knowledge of modern Java-related/SOA-related frameworks and ability to develop design patterns for specific technical problems/stereotypes
* Working knowledge of AWS
* Strong working knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and associated concepts such as XML Schemas, WS specifications, SOAP, Service Mediation/ESB, Policy Management, Governance, Messaging, etc.
* Strong communication and presentation skills
* Professional attitude and willingness to support activities outside business hours as required for production issue resolution and infrastructure maintenance
o Messaging/understanding of messaging
o XML and schema definitions
o SOA Governance concepts
o Must be able to create detailed documentation and artifacts
o Design solutions
o Clear communication
- Preferred skills, but not required
o Other object oriented development expertise
o XML Gateway
o IBM MQ
o Knowledge of SDLC and SDLC artifacts
- Rank the importance of the skills:
o Communication - High
o Java/J2EE Development – High
o AWS concepts - High
o Messaging/understanding of messaging - High
o Design and Develop Prototypes - Medium
o TIBCO EMS, Business Works and Hawk - Medium
For consideration, please reference job number 1820.
San Francisco, CAContact