JAVA Developer- No third parties please
#SS – 22854
Location: CHICAGO, IL
Duration: 12 Months+
The Software Engineer II will be working on a mission critical Java-based Web Application which is used to manage markets with trillions in value.
You will work with Business Analysts, QAs and peers in the Agile environment to do planning, developing and testing.
In a fast pace environment, the candidate needs to have the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and eager to learn new technologies.
The team is comprised of highly skilled engineers who are focused on building quality web applications that deliver on visual excellence using cutting edge technologies.
You must have an excellent written and verbal communication skills to achieve the business requirements.
- Design and implement the core functionalities independently
- Participate in code reviews to provide/take feedback from your peers
- Support testing framework along with your own applications; Write unit tests to achieve a full coverage
- Ensure code quality through mentoring and follow the best practices
- Work with different teams to deliver the project in a timely manner
- Bring in new ideas to make improvement;
- Focus mainly on backend design/implementation
- Java, J2EE, Spring, Spring MVC
- JUnit, JMock, Mockito
- SQL, NoSQL, JDBC
- AJAX, JSON
- Git, Maven
- Design patterns, Data structures
- Test Driven Development
- Experience creating modular applications. OSGi is a big plus
- Knowledge of DevOps and Cloud computing preferred.
- At least two years of experience designing and developing Java applications
- BS or MS degree in a technical field
- Financial/Futures industry experience is a plus