Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
JAVA LINUX Red HAT 6/7 DeveloperPosition Summary
The Southern California Tactical Training Range (SCTTR) Live, Virtual, and Constructive (LVC) applications developer is responsible for the life-cycle engineering of software and interfaces that enable Fleet Live Unit Level Training, Fleet LVC Training, and Fleet LVC Joint Training. The SCTTR LVC applications developer is a contributor to the Navy Continuous Training Environment (NCTE) software engineering activities. NCTE Software Engineering provides modeling and simulation application development, live, virtual and constructive systems integration support, and in-service engineering support to US Fleet Forces (USFF) and the Number Fleets. The NCTE Software Engineering team is directly responsible, in this context, for developing and maintaining technical solutions and standards to provide the greatest level of training capability to the warfighter, at the lowest possible cost, at the fastest pace achievable.Duties and Responsibilities
Under direct supervision, this developer will receive prioritized requirements from the Navy Continuous Training Environment (NCTE) Command Software Development Lead, work with end users to achieve robust, maintainable and effective LVC software capabilities, and support the continuous improvement of the software infrastructure.
The developer will be required to work with a team of developers and subject matter experts to develop, enhance, integrate, and support SCTTR applications.
Assists in the writing and/or presentation of briefings (reports on analyses, findings, and project progress), project or task plans, system specification manuals, technical reports and user manuals.
Participates in the preparation of technical proposals.
Performs additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline plus 2 to 7 years of directly related experience developing and maintaining software. Subsequent employment, achieving employer funded Security+ and an OS certification will be required if the successful candidate does not have them already.
In some cases, educational requirements may be adjusted or waived for more than 5 years applicable work experience. Work experience may be adjusted for highly specialized knowledge or uniquely applicable experience. Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance
- Experience with and understanding of object oriented (OO) design and development
- Willingness to use an IDE for development
- Ability to obtain related technical certifications
- Strong written and oral communication skills and ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to provide on-site support
- Experience with Java development
- Experience with Java networking libraries
- Experience with Java debugging tools
- Experience with JUnit unit testing framework
- Familiarity and willingness to work in an Agile Development environment
- Experience with development in a Linux/Unix environment
- Experience with development in a Windows environment
- Experience with Apache ActiveMQ
- Knowledge of Gradle or Maven build systems
- Experience with continuous integration and analysis tools such as Jenkins and SonarQube
- Experience with Eclipse, Intelllij, or other Java-related IDE
- Experience using Software Configuration Management Tools such as SVN or GIT
- Experience with SQL database development and administration
- Shell Scripting or knowledge of other Scripting language
- C# development experience
- C/C++ development experience
- Security+ and Linux+ certifications
- Knowledge of HLA and TENA protocols
- System interface development experience
- Systems engineering experience
- Military domain experience
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran's status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.EEO is the Law Poster EEO is the Law Poster Supplement