**NIC is currently working 100% remote due to COVID. The hired candidate must be willing and able to work in the local office if needed and/or required long term.
Are you interested in finding new ways to solve problems, and leverage technology to improve the lives of citizens? NIC Utah, the Salt Lake City-based subsidiary of eGovernment firm NIC (NASDAQ: EGOV), that is the state's official provider of digital government services, was recently named on Forbes list of “Best Small Companies in 2021!” Our team of passionate, software developers and designers builds and operates online services that Utah citizens use every day. We are currently seeking a full-time Java Solutions Developer to bring expertise in development, DevOps, and AWS cloud technologies to help us keep the hundreds of moving parts going full steam ahead in perfect unison. Day-to-Day Activities:
Position-specific Required Skills
- Work with highly skilled members of our organization that are passionate about their profession, including developers, architects, testers, business analysts, product owners and executives.
- Bring a well rounded and highly knowledgeable technical background in Development, DevOps, AWS services, to assist in building a new platform for building solutions.
- Be a valued member supporting multiple agile teams that are responsible for delivering quality solutions and supporting those solutions through the SDLC change process and into production.
- Work with the right technology for the solution. We are mainly a Java shop, but you will be exposed to multiple other technologies including but not limited to Spring and Groovy, as well as relational and no-SQL databases.
Preferred Skills and Abilities:
- Over 4 plus years of progressive experience in building enterprise Java web applications, as developer.
- Expert knowledge of Java-based Enterprise frameworks like Spring, Micro services/Restful services.
- Experience designing Enterprise SaaS solutions for multi-tenancy.
- Hands-on experience in designing, instantiating and managing AWS services and resources.
- Hands on experience in CI/CD into AWS.
- Experience building B2B and B2C types of enterprise SaaS applications.
- Ability to build rapid prototypes and POCs.
- Proven experience with product visioning and ability to improve the product value with not only delivering the product but also supporting product management in improving the vision.
- Ability to create work breakdown structure and milestone creation for the enterprise solution using agile process
- Ability to accurately size the effort and identify the resource requirements across multiple disciplines.
- Building multi-channel application designs for digital delivery.
- Solid experience within integrated agile SDLC process, including traceability, business analysis, story boarding, automated unit testing, integration testing, peer reviews, continuous integration, continuous delivery
- Ability to abstract a business use case and build reusability and/or multi-tenancy into the design through convention, configuration, and customization.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience)
- Experience with API management tools, Identity Management tools
- Experience with Groovy and Spring
- Experience with Atlassian SDLC Stack
- Communication with remote developer teams
- Knowledge of Scaled Agile Framework
- Strong leadership skills
- Opportunity to work on green field solution architecture and development in the public cloud space and enterprise solution development.
- Competitive compensation program
- No-cost group medical
- Stock purchase plan
- Matching 401(k) contributions with 100% vesting
- Disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Company wellness program
- Casual and fun office environment
- Paid State holidays/vacation
- Tuition reimbursement