*NIC is currently working 100% remote as a safety concern due to COVID. The ideal candidate will work locally in our office in Topeka, KS.
NIC - Kansas is currently seeing applicants for a Java Web Developer for our Topeka, KS location. Acquired by Tyler Technologies (NYSE:TYL) on April 21, 2021, NIC is a leader in digital government solutions and payments, partnering with government to deliver user-friendly digital services that make it easier and more efficient to interact with government. NIC and Tyler are united in their mission to empower public sector entities to operate more efficiently and connected more transparently with their constituents and with each other.
We are seeking a motivated team player to work closely within our tight-knit family atmosphere. We are looking for a creative person possessing the ability to diagnose and solve problems in a fast-paced environment. Our ideal candidate will be proficient within WordPress or similar CMS products and be familiar with HTML5 & CSS3. Candidate needs to be familiar with Responsive web design using CSS media Queries. The selected candidate will need to be able to communicate and play nicely with Project Managers and Developers and will be expected to spend much of your day programming the front end. Absolute Requirements:
What will set you apart from other applicants:
- Design and develop user friendly, complex, cross browser compatible e-Commerce, internet and web applications.
- Maintain existing applications while helping to build new out new micro-service applications.
- Work with customers and other staff to help determine project specifications.
- Ensure that security is designed into all applications developed in-house and procured from outside sources to include meeting industry standards.
- Adhere to Payment Card Industry Data Security requirements on credit card information handling.
Coding and Software Skills:
- Your ability to develop, problem solve and troubleshoot complex web applications and micro-services.
- 2+ years of experience developing web applications and web sites, primarily within Java and Grails.
- Knowledge of secure coding methods and procedures and your ability to stay up to date with coding/design innovations and trends.
- Degrees and certifications do matter to us. But we believe the “self-taught” method is very effective as well.
- Experience with Java, creating complex web applications and websites.
- Experience in addition with HTML5, CSS3, JDBC, SQL, Groovy/Grails, OOA/OOD, database design, and networking protocols.
- Experience developing or knowledge of creating micro-services a big plus! (or at least a strong desire to learn as you will be exposed to).
- Ability to multi-task several projects with tight deadlines.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to prioritize and work independently.
- Must possess great interpersonal and group communication skills.
- Amazing team player.
- Competitive compensation program
- Competitive health, vision, dental insurance plans
- Stock purchase plan
- Matching 401(k) contributions with 100% vesting
- Disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Company wellness program
- Casual and fun office environment
- Paid State holidays/vacation
- Tuition reimbursement