An interesting and challenging role of a Mid-level Java developer in trading IT team - will involve analysis, development, automated testing and deployment of new and existing trade capture and processing services that automate the operational processes of the trading desks and enable Front Office to sell products to clients and Middle Office to operate the business with minimal human touch.
• Analyze business requirements working with end users and come up with a technical solution design
• Write and test code, develop automated testing suites to enable agile and lean development and deployment
• Work with L2 and L3 support teams to debug production issues, identify root causes and provide fixes ia timely manner
• Stay abreast of latest developments in the respective technical field and identify opportunities to improve design, code and test coverage of existing applications
• Strong Analytical skills and a Problem solving mindset
Strong programming skills using Core Java with in-depth knowledge of common APIs and data structures like Collections, Maps, lists, Sets etc.
• Familiarity with latest features added in Java 8 (eg streams)
• Strong knowledge of Spring Framework and Spring boot in particular.
• Strong SQL query language skills
• Familiarity with commonly used programming tools like Eclipse/ Intellij, Database tools like PL-SQL Developer.
• Familiarity with writing unit tests in Java using Junit and at least 1 automated regression testing framework
• Familiarity with Web servers like Apache Tomcat/ Jetty and Application Servers like WebLogic.