Pay: $70-$80 (W2) / $80-$90 (1099)
Our client is a $6B, Global firm in the northern suburbs and they need a JD Edwards Technical Lead.
They're looking for a candidate who has a mix of functional consulting and development expertise.
The JD Edwards Financial Systems Technical Lead is responsible for leading and supporting the operations and development needs for our clients JD Edwards (JDE) Financial applications, related business unit/Divisional and other third-party systems that interface to or from JDE.
The JD Edwards Lead will provide technical direction and leadership for JDE accounting systems development and support teams, including the guidance of offshore teams and external consultants as needed.
This position reports to the Director, Financial Applications and will act as the primary JDE technical lead for their Finance and Accounting departments and users.Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership and support for Corporate Finance and Accounting processes and applications including; JDE ERP/Finance (GL, AP, AR, and FA), and integration of key financial applications (e.g. Circulus AP, Concur T&E, Harbor Flex Lease Administration, Oracle Cloud HCM Vista, Agency Management Systems, One Source BI platform, and Trintech Cadency & ReconNET) with JDE.
- Demonstrate clear functional and technical understanding of JDE modules, and interfaces with other systems.
- Provide detailed direction and coordination to financial systems administration, applications development and support teams - offshore (India) JDE teams
- Lead on-shore and off-shore resources to execute on projects and any on-going process or report enhancements. Document user stories and bug fixes to ensure the offshore team can develop and implement updates.
- Understand, communicate, and mitigate finance technical environment risks and issues with users.
- Monitor financial applications performance and work with infrastructure teams to resolve issues as needed
- Provide status reporting to management (IT and users), project management and operations
- Proficient technical knowledge of JD Edwards Enterprise One 9.1 or higher, including application configuration and development
- Strong financial applications, analysis and issue resolution (troubleshooting) skills
- Working knowledge of Finance/ERP, BI, Enterprise Planning processes and applications
- Experience with offshore or remote development/support teams and resources
- Strong user and client relationship management skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Proficient experience Excel
- Proficient experience writing SQL queries
- 4-6 years experience of multiple implementations and support life cycles with JD Edwards Enterprise One 9.1 or higher
- 6-8 years experience in any industry with substantial experience in global/international operations, with emphasis on financial applications
- Working experience and understanding of ETL, EAI or other application middleware tools and data transfer processes
- Financial acumen (working knowledge) and awareness of key accounting, financial management, and analysis processes
- Working "hands-on" knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle and project management methodologies
- Understanding and compliance with Sarbanes Oxley (SOX 302 & 404) and General Computer Controls for audit and security access
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business or related discipline is required