Job ID: 2112282 Location:
LANHAM , MD , US Date Posted:
Engineering and SciencesSubcategory:
Yes, 25 % of the TimeMinimum Clearance Required:
NoneClearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
NonePotential for Remote Work:
SAIC is seeking an Electrical Engineer on the NASA OMES II contract in support of the Joint Polar Satellite System (JPSS) program at NASA Goddard Space Flight Center. The position is located in Greenbelt, MD.
The Joint Polar Satellite System (JPSS) is the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration's (NOAA) next-generation operational Earth observation program that acquires and distributes global environmental data primarily from multiple polar-orbiting satellites. The program plays a critical role to NOAA's mission to understand and predict changes in weather, climate, oceans and coasts, and the space environment, which support the Nation's economy and protect lives and property.
The candidate will provide electrical systems engineering support including but not limited to:
Qualifications Required Education and Experience
- Oversight for the design, integration, and testing of the Command & Data Handling system, electrical harnesses and Electrical Power System flight subsystem components and ensuring compatibility with the mission instruments,
- Providing electrical systems oversight and support to the S/C vendor and the various Instrument teams and development and definition of subsystem/instrument electrical requirements and interfaces.
- Providing support in the planning, organizing, scheduling, managing and directing of electrical systems related activities during the design, development, fabrication and assembly, integration and test and launch of the JPSS observatories.
- Participating in project status meetings, telecons, peer reviews, and major project reviews for spacecraft, instruments, launch vehicle, mission operations system, and science data system.
- Supporting requirements definition, flow-down, validation and verification.
- Preparing/Reviewing project documentation and submitting comments and recommendations.
- Preparing and presenting technical information for technical meetings / reviews / briefings.
- Participating in instrument, spacecraft and observatory testing and anomaly resolution activities, as required.
- Analyzing configuration, design, and procedural changes submitted to the Project change control boards.
- Traveling to vendor sites to support testing.
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering.
- At least 3 years of relevant experience.
- Strong ability to independently lead and interact with distributed team members and different corporate cultures.
- Communication skills to discuss needs and concerns across multiple agencies and organizations.
- Knowledge of launch and mission operations.
- Knowledge of satellite and instrument design, integration and test.
- Working knowledge of the following programming languages: ASSEMBLY, C, C++, Java.
- Experience using Verilog/VHDL and SQL.
- Competency in Microsoft Office, MATLAB, SIMULINK, and PSPICE.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com .
My SAIC Benefits.