Information Builders is looking for a Japanese Translator responsible for technical documentation. As part of the translation team, you will be involved in the development, translation and build process of our internationalized products and will be responsible for translation of IBIs software products into Japanese. We are looking for someone who is familiar with at least one specialized translation tool including SDL World Server, MemoQ, Catalyst, Eclipse, and Search & Replace. Our translation project includes translation of software strings, scripts, bitmaps, gifs, sample files, and education materials. This is a contract to perm opportunity.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Develop or update translation memory from existing glossaries and other sources
- Work with automated tools to broaden the scope of the products, while building a comprehensive translation memory.
- Provide data to the Release Manager with respect to product readiness assessments. This involves insuring that the product meets all functional and business objectives.
- Update issues list on a regular basis. Stay on top of all issues and their status. If an issue is taking too long to get resolution inform management.
- Communicate with management on an on-going basis (weekly status of all related activities impacting the business of our clients.
- Understand and perform each phase of building, translation, testing, system, unit and acceptance testing.
- Translate all software terms within the product, this may include future help files or install guides.
- Learn IBI products on an on-going basis.
- Learn and use existing tools for translation and build engineering.
- Understand and perform each phase of development of translation database, CAT tools and perform acceptance testing.
Minimum Qualifications :
- Bachelors Degree with 5 + years of experience in translating software and software documentation
- Fluency in Japanese and English languageInformation Builders, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, gender, disability, veteran status, or other protected classification.#LI-LO