When responding, please mention which location you would like to be submitted for: St. Louis, MO or Kansas City, MO
Please note that this is a 7+ month contract position.
Candidates need Public Trust Clearance
Job Description: Description
The United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) Farm Service Agency (FSA) client Java developers with significant development experience in an Oracle environment. Candidates should have broad Java/J2EE programming experience. Local candidates are preferred for expedient onboarding.
Note: Resource must be onsite in either Kanas City MO or St. Louis MO. No remote work.
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems, or related degree from an accredited institution. Master’s Degree may count for 2 years of experience.
• Works with business analysts and subject matter experts to understand business requirements.
• Design and document technical solutions to business requirements.
• Create prototypes to validate requirements.
• Analyze requirements and propose changes to data model as required by design.
• Construct browser-based web applications using Java/J2EE using frameworks and technologies listed below.
• Develop comprehensive automated unit tests for all software developed.
• Respond to problems by researching issues and developing solution to the problems.
• Mentor and provide leadership to junior team members.
• +9 years advanced computer programming skills in including JAVA, JAVA Script, Eclipse, Maven, OO Design, Struts, Spring, XML, Web Services, HTML and OO Design.
• Advanced working skills in programming with relational databases including SQL.
• Experience writing JUnit test-cases and building test-suites.
• Experience with code versioning and change management concepts.
• Experience with full life-cycle software applications development (i.e., design, construction, testing, and implementation).
• Demonstrates an expert level of proficiency in the use of computer languages and utilities necessary to support application development.
• Must be certified as Sun Certified Java Programmer, Oracle Certified Java Associate, or higher certification. If not, must obtain within 30 days of start date.
• Able to perform the complete system life cycle using the Agile Scrum Methodology phases from project initiation, analysis and requirements, design, coding, testing and implementation
• Able to adhere to client development standards
• Ability to communicate to a wide variety of audiences, both business and technical
• Proven ability to develop and maintain system documentation
• Ability to work independently with minimal direction
Qualifications: Additional Provisions:
• Pass both a client mandated Public Trust clearance process to include FBI criminal history check and credit check.
• Once candidate’s resume is approved and interview passed, the agency is responsible for providing drug screening. Failure to submit the drug screening results will delay the security clearance process.
• If a candidate is given an interim clearance, continuation of employment is then based on the candidate receiving a Public Trust clearance.
For consideration, please reference job number 1808.
San Francisco, CAContact