As an experienced Software Engineer we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation & engineering practices. You will be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You?ll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment?one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally
We are presently seeking a well rounded and seasoned hands-on Java/.NET Software Engineering Lead to work on our Asset Management Technology team. We seek experience in building systems to support full Investment Management investment cycle with the main focus on Beta Indexing products?from portfolio construction to portfolio execution and trading. Selected individual will be part of the front-office technology team and will use business knowledge and communication skills to work with the stakeholders and develop functional specification.
Responsibilities will include:
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Will be part of the high-caliber development team that works closely with the Front Office users on end-to-end solutions
- Will interact closely with the product strategy and marketing teams to deliver a brand new customer-centric platform.
- Will be responsible for full lifecycle: Coding, Compiling, Unit testing, integration, packaging and deployment of application software
- Ensure overall quality of deliverables is consistent with defined standards and Agile development practice
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Expertise in application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Advanced knowledge of architecture, design across all systems
- 8+ years of experience in a financial service environment with a focus in finance front-office applications.
- Strong JAVA or .Net/C# programming experience is required
- Demonstrated understanding in data persistence (SQL or noSQL) data paradigms
- Demonstrated experience developing middleware (MQ, data caching) and core java
- Experience in front-office capital markets/investment management applications desired
- Understanding of fixed income markets is strongly desired
- Experience working with market Data Feeds preferred
- Agile development experience or equivalent in fast-paced development environment
- Must be curious, hardworking and detail-oriented, motivated by complex analytical problems
- Demonstrated interest in financial markets, and have ability to communicate directly with the business users
Our Asset and Wealth Management division is driven by innovators like you who are driven to create technology solutions that make us work more efficiently and help our businesses grow. It?s our mission to efficiently take care of our clients? wealth, helping them get, and remain properly invested. Across 27 cities, our team of 4,600 agile technologists thrive in a cloud-native environment that values continuous learning using a data-centric approach in developing innovative technology solutions.
Asset Management (Investment Management)serves asleading investment manager of choice for institutions, financial intermediariesand individual investors, worldwide. With a heritage of more than twocenturies, a broad range of core and alternative strategies, and investmentprofessionals operating in every major world market, we offer investmentexperience and insight that few other firms can match.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you?re not just working at a global financial institution. You?re an integral part of one of the world?s biggest tech companies. In 20 technology centers worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $10B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we?re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you?re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.