Herndon, VAExostar – The Company
Exostar – The Employer
- We’re a solid company founded in 2000 and still quickly growing
- We have won multiple industry awards serving fast-growing industries with emergent technology
Your day if you join us
- We believe in employee development: we promote internally and provide training and educational assistance
- We provide a fun, engaged workplace, with monthly social and community-building events
- We offer comprehensive benefits and PTO plans, including a holiday break between Christmas and New Year’s Day
You meet our “must haves” for this role if:
- Designing and programming web application features including presentation, business logic, and persistence layers
- Interacting with project management, business analysts, and architects to identify, prioritize, and realize project requirements
- Carrying out delivery of software within a project scope ensuring that work product meets acceptance criteria
- Supporting and taking ownership of existing deployments, and making product and process improvements, as needed
You are exactly who we’re looking for if:
- You have a minimum of 6 years of experience as a full stack web developer using Java technologies (Spring Core/Security, Spring Boot, Hibernate, Maven)
- You have a bachelor’s degree – preferably in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or Physics
- You are a US person (Those authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship are encouraged to apply. or US Permanent Resident)—this is a requirement due to ITAR regulations
- You have solid object oriented programming and design skills
- You have 3 or more years of web development experience with AJAX, REST, and JSON
- You demonstrate proficiency with J2EE application servers especially Apache Tomcat
- You have experience with SQL Server, stored procedures, triggers, distributed transactions, and data replication techniques
- You have experience in Java code profiling and performance testing
- You possess good problem solving skills, and excellent coding/debugging skills
- You have experience developing responsive single-page applications
- You have experience with SAML, OIDC, OAUTH, SCIM, and JWT
- You have knowledge of PKI and implementation experience with JCE
- You have working knowledge of IP networking, DNS, load balancing, and firewalling
- You have experience with Linux operating system and Docker containers
- You have experience in NoSQL databases such as MongoDB, Couchbase, or Redis
- You are able to prioritize and plan own tasks and estimate level of effort for assigned tasks
- You have experience with Agile software development methodologies, CI/CD, and automated testing
Exostar’s cloud-based, innovative solutions promote secure business collaboration within and between organizations in highly regulated industries, including aerospace and defense and life sciences. Exostar’s identity and access management platform, serves as the foundation for its credentialing, risk management, enterprise collaboration, and supply chain collaboration solutions.
The Exostar “collect once, connect once, certify once” methodology and web-based single sign-on access allow organizations and individuals to engage with one another quickly, seamlessly, and productively. The solutions’ security and certifications mitigate risk, protect sensitive data and intellectual property, and meet industry and regulatory compliance directives.
Over 150,000 aerospace, defense, and life sciences organizations in more than 150 countries worldwide belong to the Exostar community.
Founded in 2000 and headquartered in Herndon, VA, Exostar’s notable customers include Amgen, AstraZeneca, BAE Systems, Bell Helicopter, Boeing, Computer Sciences Corporation, Fujitsu, Huntington Ingalls Industries, Lockheed Martin, Merck, Northrop Grumman, Pfizer, Raytheon, Rolls-Royce, United Technologies Corporation (UTC), and the UK Ministry of Defense.
Exostar is an Equal Employment Employer. The company provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, disability status or genetic information. Exostar is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all persons in all facets of employment including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, training, benefits, transfers and working conditions.