When you join New York Life, you're joining a company that values development, career growth, collaboration, innovation, and diversity & inclusion. We want employees to feel proud about being part of a company that is committed to doing the right thing. Through various resources and programs, you can grow your career while developing personally and professionally.
Ideal candidate will review, analyze, and modify systems to including coding, testing, debugging and troubleshooting to support business software applications. Typically, will work in a team environment with an architect, business analyst and project manager to modify existing applications to meet user requirements. Also, may be creating new applications.
Requires a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field and 3-5 years of relevant experience. Requirements:
- Project Management experience including the ability to coordinate, through the full project life cycle, the efforts of project team members including end-users, vendors and internal systems staff.
- Strong analysis and design skills with a focus on system design and flow.
- Experience with designing and implementing high volume, mission critical, productions systems.
- Must be a team player.
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency in an aggressive, multi-tasking environment.
- Experience in a Windows desktop environment.
- Self-starter with the ability to learn through on the job experience.
- 3+ years experience working in object-oriented analysis, design, and development
- 3+ years experience in J2EE application development (e.g., Java, EJB, JMS, JSP, Servlets, et al.)
- 3+ years experience with J2EE application servers (e.g., IBM WebSphere,WebLogic, Tomcat)
- 1+ years MuleSoft experience a plus
- 3+ years experience in distributed java Webservices using JAX-RS/JAX-WS (SOAP and RESTful)
- 3+ years experience with ORM Model (e.g., Hibernate)
- 3+ years experience with Caching Technologies ( e.g, HazelCast, Ehcache etc).
- 3+ years experience with Spring Security(Kerberos), Spring Framework, CXF Framework.
- 3+ years experience working with relational databases (e.g., DB2, SQL Server, Oracle, Sybase, et al.)
- 1+ years experience interfacing with external systems through messaging mechanisms such as JMS, MQSeries, or other
- 1+ years experience in version controls(e.g. GIT, Bitbucket)
- 1+ years experience in SOAPUI or POSTMAN
- 1+ years experience in Splunk, SUMO, or similar API performance tools.
- Experience with Unix platforms (e.g., AIX, Solaris, Linux)
- Experience developing in XML-related technologies (e.g., XML, DTD, XML Schema, XSLT, XQuery, XPath)
- Experience developing web services & related technologies (XML, SOAP, WSDL, WS-I Basic Profile)
- Experience with design patterns (e.g., Gang of Four (GoF), J2EE, Model-View-Controller (MVC))
- Experience with Eclipse-based IDE's.
Recognized as one of Fortune's World's Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and volunteerism, supported by our Foundation . We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses "Be Good At Life." To learn more, please visit LinkedIn , our Newsroom and the Careers page of www.NewYorkLife.com .
Job Requisition ID: 84697