Candidate will be a senior Java developer responsible for the back end service layer for a new Vendor Management System. This is a state of the art Greenfield development that starts with a tactical phase, leading to a multi year strategic implmentation. For this project, s/he will be responsible for the following areas
1. Technical analysis and design
2. Development of middleware and/or database and/or GUI components
3. Integration between various in-house sources of data Candidate will be required to work across organizational boundaries and participate in discussions on technical and business issues. He will be an independent software developer of complex solutions using Java and/or Scala technology. He should be able to mentor junior resources. Skills Required
- Bachelor’s or Masters in Computer Science or related field from a reputable institute.
- Minimum 7+ years of experience building Java applications, in a service based architecture. - Need hands on current experience on Java/Scala, JUnit, XML, Spring and SQL.
- Hands on experience with version control, build integration and messaging technologies.
- Need to demonstrate in-depth understanding of OO principles, design patterns and threading techniques.
- Strong web Services background required.
- Ability to build or work in a continuous integration framework
- Must be able to interact with all levels of personnel within the organization and be effective with both business and technical teams.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and define approaches to bring unfocused issues to resolution
- Excellent written and oral communication skills for managing interactions both within the team and without.
- Very strong attention to detail and organizational skills. Strong work ethic Skill Desired
Financial Services experience is a plus
Familiarity with DB2/Teradata/Greenplum a plus
Familiarity with Test Driven Programming a plus
520 E. 90th St., Suite 2M New York, NY, 10128Contact