Peraton is looking for a talented Java/Search Engineer
who will develop enterprise search solutions to solve complex challenges surrounding data analytics and search engines utilizing cloud technologies. This role will require hands-on experience with data analytics, algorithms, large data structures, large-scale datasets, and real-time search platforms using Apache Solr. What you'll do...
You'd be a great fit if...
- Monitor and audit search application performance through load testing, search testing, and/or query response time testing and report activities on an on-going basis
- Configure and set up multiple Solr cores under CentOS and Linux environment
- Analyze unstructured data for ingest
- Design and develop ingest processes
- Design and develops Solr schema for efficiency
- Design and develop interface for application searches
- Design network architecture for Solr cluster
- Design network architecture for cluster disaster recovery
- Design and develop incremental update procedures
- Design and develop collection replacement strategy
- Define and configure Solr index schemas for multiple data elements
- Create and schedule periodic refresh of Solr indexes using cron jobs
- Build Solr queries for multiple search requirements
- Design and develop search engine monitoring tools
- Lead team to accomplish customer objectives
It would be even better if you...
- You've obtained a BS degree and have eight (8) years of relevant experience. However, equivalent experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- You have ten (10) years of experience with programming and software development including analysis, design, development, implementation, testing, maintenance, quality assurance, troubleshooting and/or upgrading of software systems
- You possess five (5) years of experience architecting software solutions based on customer requirements
- You possess one (1) year of experience troubleshooting and supporting enterprise applications while requiring 24/7 availability
- You have experience with applications that utilize very large datasets
- You have a current Top Secret security clearance with SCI eligibility and the ability to obtain a polygraph
What you'll get...
- Have experience implementing Java applications using Spring and Spring Boot
- Have wxperience implementing Microservices
- Have experience querying and ingesting large amounts of data into Apache Solr
- Have experience troubleshooting search relevance issues
- Have Hadoop experience
- Have version control experience with SVN or Git
- Have familiarity with architecture, both logical and physical design
- Have experience with distributed queuing with technologies like Kafka
- Have familiarity with AWS
*This position requires the candidate to have a current Top Secret security clearance and the ability to obtain a polygraph. Candidate must possess SCI eligibility.
- An immediately-vested 401(K) with employer matching.
- Rapid PTO accrual schedule with floating holidays.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- Tuition assistance, financing, and refinancing.
- Paid maternity and paternity leave.
- Company-paid infertility treatments.
- Cross-training and professional development opportunities
- The ability to influence major initiatives .
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.