Java/Spring Boot or Java/Scala Software Engineer to join a digital startup in Jersey City
Full Time Employee Position in Jersey City
An exciting opportunity to work for one of the most cutting-edge digital startups in Jersey City as an experienced Java/Spring Boot or Java.Scala Software Engineer. You will be responsible for developing backend while working in a cross-functional team environment. You will work in either the API squad focusing on apps or the Scala squad which focuses on the betting engine.
- You have experience as a backend developer in common languages and frameworks like Scala and nice to have Java Spring Boot. You know your way around Cassandra, Kafka and AKKA.
- You have significant experience writing and utilizing autonomous service oriented RESTful APIs and performance tuning largescale apps.
- You can write efficient, fast, and highly scalable programs that millions of people will use to place their bets and interact on in the sports betting world.
- You have a good grasp of OO and design patterns that promote efficiency, readability, and maintainability.
- You have a toolbox of algorithms, data structures, and programming styles that can optimize our betting engine.
- You will integrate our application with all required systems and services and provide scalable, clean, and efficient API services.
- You’ll design and develop the guts and logic of the backend systems of our product.
- You’ll decipher existing software systems and be able to link our application to applicable data sources both internal and external.
- You’ll solve the challenge of building the world’s fastest betting engine.