U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
The incumbent in this position must be able to analyze, develop, integrate, run, and support various applications across multiple technologies and architectures involving various technologies including application servers, databases, and operating systems.
• Support and maintain JEE application including operation, upgrade, system setup, performance tuning, and troubleshooting.
• Develop scripts and programs to enhance JEE applications.
• Work with technical services’ professionals that include Operating System (O/S), Network Administration, Storage Management, and Database teams to help define and determine specifications for required computing resources; deploying new releases of complex applications, to ensure high availability of applications.
• Work with business users and technical designers to assist in efficient application designs that meet business unit requirements involving integrations of various ACS technical systems and platforms.
• Work with management, project managers and other lead developers to design and develop software.
• Lead and participate in troubleshooting and fixing major system problems in core applications.
• Understand relationships between applications within the Software Engineering Department portfolio.
• Provide strong leadership and mentoring for less senior personnel in the areas of design, implementation, and professional development.
• Where required, effectively delegate tasks to development teams of Software Engineering, providing guidance and proper knowledge transfer to ensure that the work is completed successfully.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience. 7+ years with proven results in system development, implementation, and operations is required. Strong understanding of design patterns with a focus on tiered, large-scale systems.
• Have experience with Java, Groovy, Python, SQL, shell scripting, and their respective practices.
• Develop software that meets both the functional and non-functional requirements, including performance, scalability, availability, reliability and security.
• Have experience with Java application server and web server technologies, and their integration with other systems including databases.
• Have a working knowledge of XML and related technologies in a Java environment.
• Have strong written and verbal communication skills
For consideration, please submit your resume as a MS Word attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org
"Combining Talent with Technology"
4922 Fairmont Ave Bethesda, MD, 20814