Comtech is an IT provider focused on delivering end-to-end technology solutions and products. Since 1998, we have successfully serviced enterprises across multiple markets, including the public and private sectors and the Department of Defense. Our services span all aspects of business, providing a holistic approach to managing an organization. We have accredited certifications, which include CMM Level 3, ISO/IEC 20000-1:2005 (Corporate ITIL Service Delivery), ISO 27001:2005 (Corporate Security), and ISO 9001-2008 (Corporate Quality). Comtech aims to deliver value to our customers through three key attributes: Innovation, Transformation, and Information. Comtech believes that our solutions and products should focus on resolving everyday problems and enabling simplicity. We are committed to providing technical innovations and tools that empower organizations with critical information to facilitate decision-making that results in business transformation through cost savings and increased operational efficiency. Our commitment to quality is adopted throughout the organization and sets the foundation for delivering our full suite of capabilities. Comtech develops and implements methodologies and processes based on the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) v.3 Framework across enterprise infrastructure operations
Job Category: Java / DevOps Engineer
Location: Washington, DC
Duration: 6 months; potentially beyond (Multi-Year project)
Interview: Phone Screen, Panel Interview or Blitz Interview (No Skype)
- Support Build and Deployment processes using Dimensions and GIT\Maven under using Jenkins automation.
- Provide product Administration support with Git, Jenkins, Dimensions and other DevOps tools
- Conduct hands-on troubleshooting, problem analysis and resolution.
- Create all necessary documents for new DevOps processes
- Conduct training and knowledge transfer on the use of DevOps tools processes the best practices
- Provide scripting and development support to improve the current operational state of implementation
- Provide coaching for branching strategies, automation opportunities, and efficiencies
- Provides the build and deployment support to multiple projects in the organization
- Continual automation, integration, and optimization of the software build and deployment system
- Understands the existing build and deployment processes and helps with improving and/or building new processes to streamline build and deployment
- Works with development and Environment Management (OPS) Team in coming up with the building/packaging/deployment processes for new projects
- Works with Configuration Management team to align organization and industry compliance best practices with build/package/deployment processes
- Assist development teams in implementing the versioning and archiving of the software artifacts using popular tools like GIT, BitBucket, SVN, CVS, Artifactory/Nexus etc.
- Works with all teams in developing automation of manual activates in accordance with DevOps principles.
- Extensive experience with Scripting/Build tools like MAVEN, Gradle, ANT etc.
- Solid working knowledge and expertise with Shell Scripting.
- Solid working knowledge of UNIX/Linux systems administration
- Solid understanding of J2EE Application servers like WebSphere, Classloader policies etc. Experience automating deployments from binary repositories to Application Servers
- Hands-on working experience with the Source Code Management tools like GIT, SubVersion, CVS and Serena Dimension
- Knowledge in the area of Configuration Management processes, hands-on implementation experience is plus.
- Setup/Configuration/Administration of distributed CM tools like GIT, or tools like SVN, CVS, Dimensions etc.
- Setup/Configuration/Administration of Binary Repositories like Artifactory, Nexus etc.
- Implementation Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery Best Practices using various tools like GIT/SVN/CVS, Jenkins/Bamboo, Maven/Gradle/Ant Artifactory/Nexus as a binary repository
- Experience with using peer and automated code review packages to provide proof-of-concept and best practice recommendations
- Experience with using automated tests to validate deployment
- Experience with infrastructure automation
- Scripting experience with multiple languages
- Knowledge of mainframe SCM systems like ChangeMan ZMF or ISPW is a plus but not required
Education & Experience:
4 plus hands-on experience with Deployment, scripting, and automation.
Extensive experience with Scripting/Build tools like MAVEN, Gradle, ANT, Artifactory etc.