We have an immediate need to add a Senior Web Application Developer (Java/J2EE) to work on a Federal (DOJ) client site in Washington, DC.
This position will provide web-based application development support in Java for a range of custom-built applications. The qualified candidate will be responsible for research, design, and implementation of creative development solutions. The candidate will be the owner of several applications and be responsible for all phases of the build process from planning to design, development and release. The position requires strong hands on technical knowledge of Java and experience mentoring junior developers. The ideal candidate will be comfortable creating deliverables for design and deployment. Additionally, the ideal candidate will have experience identifying and implementing development standards and best practices.
Those authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.ship is required for the DOJ T2S Public Trust required to be able to pass for working in this project environment.
Experience / Required skills include:
- Bachelor's degree and at least 8 years of experience
- 5+ years of experience programming in Java, J2EE and comprehensive understanding of J2EE design patterns
- Experience in using web frameworks such as AJAX, Struts, Hibernate, Bootstrap and Spring, etc
- Experience in creating and using EJBs
- Experience working within formal lifecycle frameworks where formal customer approval of project deliverables was required
- Experience working with PL/SQL in packages and code blocks
- Experience with at least one lightweight scripting language, e.g. Perl, Bash, Python
- Those authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.ship with active Public Trust or the ability to obtain
Desirable additional experience:
- Linux experience a plus
- LDAP experience a plus
- Design, develop, and support web-based Java applications.
- Provide technical recommendations and strategic planning insights to the customer on behalf of the development team.
- Conduct solution analyses and provide recommendations on application improvements to the customer.
- Deliver development artifacts as required by the customer.
- Adhere to the client configuration management control and QA policies.
- Demonstrate strong customer facing skills
- Mentor team members through code reviews and as a project lead.
- Troubleshoot and resolve production issues (i.e. Tier-3 Support) for Java code, and for non-Java processes using PL/SQL and Linux-based scripting, as needed
If qualified and interested, please send a fully detailed Word version of a resume along with rate, references and availability to interview and start so we may move forward quickly with your interview process.