Title: Java Developer
Location: Rockville, MD
Duration: 05+ Months
Some required skills:
- Strong Oracle Database skills, creating complex queries.
- Create and consume new REST web service (SOA skills)
- Strong Java Skills.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Performs analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, code review and post-production support for applications based upon the specific needs;
- Adheres to sound standards and best practices during all phases of software development life cycle.
- Works with technical Manager and Lead to provide expert technical solutions that support long-term business and technology strategy.
- Stays current on technology trends and identify ways to innovate software applications’ social and mobile capabilities.
- Creates prototypes, refine solutions and establishes proof of concept;
- Diagnoses/repairs development and production issues in a timely manner;
- Closely follows version control and code promotion procedures;
- Provides frequent status updates regarding project progress, emerging risks and needs.
- Recommends improvements and offers insights to more efficient use of USP applications and systems;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Presents architecture designs to management.
- Minimum of seven (7) years of relevant experience in full life cycle systems design, analysis and programming emphasizing n-tier web-based applications development and web services.
- Prior experience working independently or in a team.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience in Java/J2EE required.
- Experience with N-tier architecture, design patterns and open source software required.
- Experience with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) required. Able to implement new REST Web services and consume existing web services.
- Experience in web application frameworks like Spring, Struts, and JQuery required.
- Experience with UI frameworks such as JQuery-UI, Bootstrap, Spring MVC preferred.
- Experience with database design, writing stored procedures, triggers, functions, DDL, DML SQL queries using Oracle/MySQL required.
- Experience with YAML, GIT, Eclipse, and Maven required.
- Experience with Linux/Unix or Mac OSX required.
- Experience with configuring Web and application servers required.
- Experience with SAML and Single Sign-on preferred.
- Knowledge of JIRA preferred.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills and ability to communicate system requirements, processes and data flow.
- Ability to work independently.
- Proven experience in developing applications strategies, facilitating implementation projects, creating system designs and solution architectures with software applications.
- Expert knowledge of systems, software, programming languages, development methodology and web frameworks.
- Experience and passion for agile scrum and continuous integration.
- Understanding of common web technologies and recent development in social, mobile and cloud applications.
- Results driven with demonstrated success in building high profile websites.
If interested, please respond with resume and rate expectation asap. -- Thank you for your interest in The Evolvers Group. The employee benefits include medical insurance and 401k plan.