Java / Linux Developer with Multithreading (150-250k)
An elite global asset management firm with opportunities in NYC, TX, and CA is building a tech hub out of their Austin TX location in support of large-scale initiatives that will impact core services, libraries, and frameworks that power technology within the firm. They need subject matter experts, specifically within Java, JVM internals, memory management, concurrency, and performance.
The firm provides a wide variety of trade execution capabilities, research data, and analytics calculations across a diverse array of financial investments that enable precise risk calculations and wise investment decisions.
This Core Engineering Division provides the building blocks, platforms and self-service tools that enable business facing, highly available, resilient and scalable applications to be built. This is development for other developers.
The role will primarily be Java, although other languages are welcome if willing to switch.
- Build horizontally scalable services.
- Tune the low-level internals and improve performance in Java.
- Create a controlled pipeline to production (think DevOps mindset).
- Simplify analytics on Peta-Byte level data sets.
- Java / C++ / Python in large scale enterprise production systems
- 5+ years experience in Java on Linux or Windows
- Understanding of open source libraries
- Know how Spring or Ignite or Spark works under the hood
- Gitlab and expertise in continuous integration and delivery techniques
- Experience building and using REST services.
These skills are a plus:
- Python, TypeScript, Angular 6+, C#
- Gitlab or Github style systems.
- SQL, data manipulation