Lead Splunk Administrator
Long term contract
Direct client: Immediate interview
- Strong knowledge of Splunk administration and maintenance.
- Strong knowledge of Splunk cluster construction and administration.
- Strong knowledge of Splunk optimization.
- Ability to write scripts in one or more languages. (shell, Perl, Python, Ruby, etc…)
- Familiarity with Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 and 7.
- Experience creating and supporting highly available enterprise production environments.
- Fundamental knowledge of TCP/IP networking, subnetting and routing concepts, and distributed computing concepts;
- Ability to self-direct personal activities to achieve goals and meet commitments
- Self-motivated leader with strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in cross-functional and inter-organizational teams.
- Ability to persuade and influence others without direct control.
- Able to manage multiple projects tasks and those of supporting team members needed to meet multiple demands in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
- Strong analytical, logical reasoning
- Strong troubleshooting skills and experience working within a heterogeneous environment.
- Ability to solve problems quickly and independently
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to influence cross-functional teams, business and/or vendor partners, and technology leaders
- Able to develop/make presentations, facilitate discussions and provide technical demonstrations in 1:1, small group and large group settings.
- 3+ years’ experience in Splunk production administration
- Experience managing team/workgroup activities
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer engineering preferred, or experience in related field required.
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Working knowledge of Linux administration: configuration and tuning, networking, logging, storage, and installation and integration of third-party software.
- Experience working with Scrum or Kanban-related tools and concepts (e.g., Jira, Rally, Epics, Stories, estimating story points, etc.)