Role: Java API Developer
Location: Atlanta, GA
NOTE: Payments integration experience is a MUST
Seeking an experienced Java API Developer with strong Payments integration experience for its Enterprise Payments team. The Developer will provide technical expertise to develop components for the client’s Payments Engine application which orchestrates payment authentication, authorization, capture and settlement of payment transactions for multiple digital and in-person sales channels. The ideal candidate for this role should have 7+ years of development experience and possess a passion for technology and a desire to have exposure to, learn and create exceptional customer (internal and external) experiences.
This position will be remote in the short term but will need to be in Greater Atlanta area once
offices reopen in Q1 2021.
THE ROLE DAY TO DAY:
• Primary responsibilities include designing, developing, and implementing micro-services
and maintain J2EE applications that are part of the Payments Engine application.
• Provide operational support to include 24 x 7 coverage on a rotational basis along with
other team members.
• Design and develop solutions with multiple technologies for complex environments and
proposing and implementing most appropriate solutions for target applications.
• Capable of implementing industry best-practice processes related to application
development concepts, design and architecture.
• Apply corporate technical standards, procedures and policies to resolve incidents and
issues in a timely manner.
• Participate actively in the solution design of new features and enhancements to existing
and new software applications.
• Lead development effort resulting in well structured, reusable and maintainable code.
• Must be a self-learner with the ability to pick up and leverage new technologies.
• Ensure that enterprise methodologies, standards and procedures are adopted and
• Ensure technical solutions meet business needs and that customer satisfaction with the
delivered solution is high.
• Extensive experience in implementing merchant integrations with large Payment
Gateways, PSPs or direct integration with Acquirers for processing both card present
(EMV), contactless (Tap & Pay), NFC wallet (GPay, Apple Pay, Samsung Pay) and ecommerce and m-commerce payment transactions. • Strong understanding and development experience with the entire lifecycle of payment
transaction processing from authentication, authorization, clearing, Settlement and Chargeback processing is required.
• Strong understanding and implementation experience of 3D-Secure 2.0 (EMV Co.standards) authentication protocol in connection with PSD2 compliance implementation
for any large global merchant.
• Experience with tokenization, encryption, decryption of payment data is required.
• Experience developing intelligent router for payment transactions (cost and authorization
rate optimization) would be a huge plus.
• Must have implementation experience for major Alternate Payment Methods such as
PayPal, Alipay, WeChat Pay, Oxxo Pay, Safety Pay, Boleto and the major Real Time
Payment methods such as Ideal, SoFort, Nordea etc.
• Strong knowledge of secure coding practices and PCI standards is a must.
• Experience developing PayFac platforms on an API/Microservices stack would be a
• Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant technical discipline with 7+ years of experience in
designing and implementing micro-services and J2EE applications.
• Must be passionate about agile software delivery, candidate must be experienced in
Agile methodologies and work in a collaborative way with key technology and business
stakeholders to deliver great software.
• Experience in Continuous Integration and Test-Driven-Development (TDD) frameworks.
• DevOps experience/knowledge is a plus.
• Extensive knowledge of Java internals, JVM tuning and troubleshooting.
• Knowledge of various J2EE and servlet containers such as JBOSS and WebSphere.
• Proficient in JSON, Spring, XML, Struts and web services (REST).
• Demonstrate knowledge and experience working with APIs and SOA services.
• Experience with source control and build tools.
• Experience with JIRA, Confluence, GIT (github, Bitbucket or similar).
• Experience with modern technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, Openshift, Cloud Foundry).
• Strong written and verbal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels
NICE TO HAVES:
• Familiarity in Scaled Agile Framework (SaFe) and active participation in PI planning.
• Eagerness to listen to customers and colleagues; convey ideas effectively and prepare
technical presentations and other technical documentation.