Position: Full Stack Data Engineer
Location: Houston, TX
Location: Fremont, California or Houston, TX
- They are calling it a “Distributed Data Systems Developer”
- Experience with Distributed Data Systems is key
- 10-12 years’ experience
Skill Set Required:
- 10 - 12 years of experience in Full Stack development
- Mandatory Skills
- Node JS, Python
- Distributed Data Platform with large data volumes
- Docker, Kubernetes, GitLab
- Real-world experience developing highly scalable solutions using micro-service architecture designed to democratize data to everyone in the organization
- Good to Have Skills
- Go, Java, Scala
- Kafka, Airflow, Dremio
- Expertise in data model design with sensitivity to usage patterns and goals - schema, scalability, immutability, idempotency, etc
- GraphQL, Apollo / Hasura
- React JS, Redux
- Live, laugh, and love some flavor of Agile. With a side of Scrum.
- Work closely with other teams and individuals to plan, coordinate, and seek feedback.
- Pitch in where needed as a valued team member. There is no “i” in team…but 2 in “idiot”.
- Docker, K8, Cloud, microservices, containerization, web services, DB/SQL, etc. etc. (You get it).
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills. Let’s face it, you are one of the smartest people you know.
- Experienced with modern coding, testing, debugging and automation techniques.
- Rave about the benefits of CI/CD, unless manual deployments really are your thing.
- Have a high bar for user experience and quality.
- You are data driven and customer obsessed.
- Good communication skills.