Primerica currently has the following opening at our corporate office in Duluth, Georgia:
The Lead Java Application Developer is responsible for designing, modifying and developing systems using advanced techniques including the ability to analyze current systems to resolve new and/or existing problems. Evaluates technical feasibility of proposed system solution, prepares project proposals and develops/modifies systems to meet the business need. Has experience delivering scalable, secure, and robust web applications. Acts as resource for colleagues with less experience; may lead or direct the work of other developers/projects. Developer further cultivates analysis and development skills by learning new and emerging technologies. Work under general supervision with latitude for independent judgment.
The Lead Application Developer requires in-depth knowledge and experience in at least one software specialization. The Developer acts as resource for colleagues with less experience and may lead or direct the work of other developers/projects.
- Developing and documenting product/solution architecture based on customer requirements written from business requirement document and/or business requirement specifications
- Converting requirements to functional requirements to develop software code that is accessible, usable, efficient, re-usable, cost effective, maintainable, reliable and installable
- Designing, modeling and documenting program/code for an integrated software product or system that supports re-use, change and integration of various components
- Constructing software; that meets requirements, promotes re-use, is testable and facilitates ease of support
- Conducting unit tests, tracking problems, and implementing changes to ensure adherence to test plans and functional requirements
- Diagnosing, isolating, and implementing remedies for system failures caused by software code, using knowledge of the system characteristics and utilizing system maintenance and tracking tools
- Provide input and technical content for system and solution documentation
- Ability to design and implement scalable, secure, highly available applications
The Lead Application Developer is responsible for designing, modifying and developing systems using advanced techniques. This includes the ability to analyze current systems to resolve new and/or existing problems. The Developer evaluates technical possibilities of proposed system solutions, prepares project proposals and develops / modifies systems to meet the business need.
- 4 year IT college degree preferred
- 5 years of work experience in IT
- Minimum of 4 years Java/ J2EE (including Servlets/JSPs) development experience
- Minimum of 2 years Java IDEs such as Eclipse or RAD experience
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience with Websphere, Webs Services, Log4J, Subversion, JQuery, AJAX, Unix Commands, Perl/Shell Scripts, and Maven is a plus
- Working knowledge of database design, preferably DB2. Advanced SQL experience required
- Experience with developing REST Services using Spring MVC / JAX-RS and/or experience building and consuming JAX-WS / JAX-RPC Web Services
- SUN program certification for Java is plus
- Working knowledge of all web components fit together
- Experience with troubleshooting and debugging tools such as Fiddler, Wireshark, Chrome DevTools, etc.
- Experience with Log4J, Subversion, JQuery, AJAX, and Maven is a plus
- Good Analytical and communication skills
Primerica is a Main Street Company for Main Street North America. Our goal is to create more financially independent families. We are located in Duluth, GA. Primerica employees support our representatives to provide appropriate solutions through term life insurance, mutual funds, annuities and other financial products. We insured more than 5 million lives and have over 2 million client investment accounts. Our stock is traded on The New York Stock Exchange under the symbol “PRI”.
For eight years in a row Primerica has been recognized by the Atlanta Journal-Constitution as one of the best workplaces in Georgia! Over the past six years Primerica has consistently been voted Best Employer by Gwinnett Magazine in its special "Best of Gwinnett" winner editions.
- Day one health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) Plan with competitive employer match
- Vacation, sick, holiday and volunteer time off
- Life and disability insurance
- Flexible Savings Account & Health Savings Account
- Professional development
- Tuition reimbursement