Serverlogic has an immediate opening and is looking for an experienced Java Application Engineer to design and develop backend solutions with a focus on data analytics and email & messaging capabilities. As a member of our innovative group, you will have the unique and rewarding opportunity to be part of an evolving project and reshape strategic operations reporting.
Also – remote only is an option, this individual does not have to move to Portland when things improve.
- This position requires deep knowledge of Java and Spring Boot. You must be comfortable with rapidly evolving designs, requirements, and have excellent interpersonal skills. Throughout the process, you will work collaboratively with our team of engineers, partner with other teams such as Quality and Operations. The individual must be self-motivated, an amazing problem solver and a fast learner.
- Very strong technical skills and demonstrated experience in writing commercial grade apps for high availability systems is a must. The candidate will work with talented engineers in a fast paced, technically demanding environment to deliver new features.
- Deployment, support and monitoring of new platforms and application stacks. Participate in new technology evaluation, design and development of highly scalable distributed databases.
- Explore and evaluate new technologies and solutions to push our capabilities forward, getting ahead of user needs, and working hard to transform, innovate, and continuously improve.
- Deep knowledge of Java and Spring Boot.
- 5+ years of experience of developing and maintaining infrastructure in a high volume of customer-facing environment.
- Strong core Java and Java EE and object-oriented programming and design skills.
- Experience with Java web frameworks such as Spring Boot, Spring MVC.
- Experience writing Java libraries and developing REST APIs (i.e. writing code/services meant to be used by others).
- Experience with AWS, ElasticSearch, writing hand-crafted CL.
- Familiarity with Tomcat, Weblogic, JBoss, Jetty, etc.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Phenomenal debugging and testing skills.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work effectively across multiple business and technical teams.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results on time with high quality.
- Aptitude to independently learn new technologies.
- Passion for delivering the best quality product regardless of project scope.
- Optimize web applications to maximize speed and scale to support diverse clients on high powered machines.
- Consultancy approach to create new designs, architectures, standards, and methods for large-scale distributed systems.
- Systematic multitasking problem solving approach, coupled with a strong sense of ownership, accountability, and drive.
- Experience with algorithms, data structures, complexity analysis, automation, software design, and database management.
- Experience with scripting languages and such as Shell and Python and multi-process architecture.
- Knowledge of user authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments.
- Conduct on call duties as need for urgent matters.
BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.