Are you interested in full lifecycle development? Do you have experience with Java REST and associated tools?
Continued growth at FirstBank and technical advancements have contributed to Information Technology's expansions that are paving the way for additional improvements that will benefit the customers and employees. We are seeking an individual who is passionate about technology and possesses strong attention to detail to join the Java Center of Excellence. The growing IT staff works in a highly collaborative environment with a strong focus to continue to support FirstBank's commitment to our customers and employees.
The Java Applications Developer will develop, test and enhance Java applications and services. As a member of a highly collaborative team, individuals in this position will assist with small development efforts such as maintenance and modification of customer and internal facing applications. This individual will be joining one of our Software Delivery Teams, focused on Loan Origination or Fraud Prevention. We are looking for individuals that are self-directed and enjoy a diverse mix of software development, application maintenance, team interaction and support responsibilities.
As a Denver Post Top Workplaces award winner six years in a row (2012-2017), FirstBank provides many great benefits for being a part of our family. From competitive salaries, employer-contributed retirement and health plans, some reduced fee banking services, paid time off, employer paid basic life insurance, short-term and long term disability policies, to holiday parties and more, you will be appreciated and made to feel at home at FirstBank.
FirstBank provides a high-paced work environment with different projects landing on your desk routinely. From building the back-end of new products, improving current products and designing internal systems, to managing our security systems, maintaining and improving infrastructure and much more, no week is the same. This is a challenging position that comes with great rewards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Full lifecycle software development of Java RESTful and SOAP stateless Web services
* Write well-designed, testable and efficient code
* Assist with ongoing support, maintenance, and system tuning
* Assist with and contribute to the technical direction of the Java Center of Excellence
* Continuously building and refining your Java stack and open source technology expertise
* Perform other duties and projects as assigned
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Requirements MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS OF POSITION:
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or other technical field with one year of experience in professional software development
* Non-degreed personnel will have a minimum of three years of experience in professional software development
* A minimum of one year of professional experience with Java REST service development, design and associated tools
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS OF POSITION:
* Familiarity with the Jersey REST framework
* Familiarity with the Apache Axis2 framework
* Understanding of Relational Databases, including Oracle and DML
* Familiarity with object-oriented programming concepts
* Familiarity with SOAP services
* Familiarity with Git, GitHub and DVCS version control systems
* Understanding of testing tools such as Postman or Fiddler
* Familiarity with Linux
* Familiarity with IBM WebSphere, Liberty and Apache Tomcat
* Experience using JIRA, Confluence and GitHub
* Familiarity with Agile development methodologies, continuous integration and delivery
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
* Good verbal communication skills
* Good problem solving skills
* Good customer service skills
* Aptitude to learn quickly
* Ability to deal with multiple priorities and tasks
* Ability to work in a team environment
* Basic knowledge of information security
* Good understanding of the different phases of development methodology, including system definition requirements, design, coding, testing and implementation
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Work is performed in an office environment with moderate noise levels and light to heavy traffic. An individual in this position:
* Frequently remains stationary throughout a typical business day
* Frequently operates a computer and other office machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer
* Occasionally moves about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, and other rooms
* Occasionally positions self to access drawers and shelves of various heights
* Frequently reaches for and handles paperwork and files
* Constantly communicates with customers, coworkers, and management in-person and on the phone
* Must be able to exchange accurate information
Work Hours Monday through Friday
- FirstBank is an EOE/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other applicable status protected by state or local law.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
- FirstBank will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with FirstBank’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-I.35(c)