Requisition Number: 74615 Insight
is looking for an experienced Software/Systems (Java) Architect to work on our global search engine.
You will work on a small team that enjoys the challenges inherent in building a large-scale search engine that is used by people and systems all throughout Europe, North America, and Asia. We have a healthy team culture and use modern tools and frameworks to get the job done.
In this role you will provide technical leadership to project teams; provide expertise in the development of cross-functional software systems using disciplined software development processes; maintain and enhance project technology stack; provide technology vision and direction.
If you have solid experience designing, architecting, developing, implementing and supporting large-scale, highly critical enterprise applications and love to solve complex business problems using modern technology, then we look forward to meeting you.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or Engineering (Master Degree Preferred)
- Hands-on software development - Strong hands on experience in designing and developing mission critical, highly complex applications
- Excellent oral and written communication to effectively bridge gap between technology staff and non-technical partners/leadership
- Strong Java 7+ skills - you consider networking, threading, locks, and caching as the hors d'oeuvre that comes before the main course.
- Strong Experience with Spring-based technologies (Spring Boot etc.), or any other DI framework
- Understanding of REST/JSON and/or SOAP/XML web services, experience in interface design
- Excellent understanding of systems and infrastructure - you have good knowledge of modern systems, including CPU-RAM interaction, stack memory, heap memory, disk, processes, and how to use them to make an application run fast and scale.
- Experience with Elastic Search, SOLR, Lucene, or other document-store technologies.
- Experience with Cloud technologies, AWS or Azure
- Experience in designing and implementing micro services based solutions
- Experience in application analysis and performance optimization - you are able to effectively use the application analysis tools (profilers, log analyzers, GC logs etc.) to analyze the application performance and propose optimizations
- Understanding of Software standards and best practices - you write code that is well-tested, well-documented, has a clean API, and can be re-used and easily refactored to support more elastic use cases.
- Strong presentation and documentation skills - you are good in documenting, preparing and presenting technical solutions to leaders, peers and team member effectively
- Ability to analyze, interpret and apply general business/ professional knowledge, acquired through industry associations, journals, technical procedures or regulations.
- Lifelong learner - you are open-minded, mentally-flexible, and continue to learn and improve your skills as new industry practices and techniques are introduced.
Nice To Have:
- Search Engine Experience - working experience to design, development and support of a search engine application will be a big plus
- Experience mentoring technical staff on technology
- Experience with Apache Kafka, JMS technologies, gRPC, Hessian, JPA/Hibernate, JBOSS, Zookeeper, Linkerd
- Experience building visualization using ELK stack
- Scrum/Agile development methodology
- Exposure to ERP systems, such as SAP and Microsoft Dynamics.
The position described above provides a summary of some the job duties required and what it would be like to work at Insight. For a comprehensive list of physical demands and work environment for this position, click here .
Today, every business is a technology business. Insight Enterprises, Inc. empowers organizations of all sizes with Insight Intelligent Technology Solutions™ and services to maximize the business value of IT. As a Fortune 500-ranked global provider of digital innovation, cloud/data center transformation, connected workforce, and supply chain optimization solutions and services, we help clients successfully manage their IT today while transforming for tomorrow. From IT strategy and design to implementation and management, our 6,800 employees help clients innovate and optimize their operations to run smarter. Discover more at insight.com .
- Founded in 1988 in Tempe, Arizona
- 7,400+ teammates in 19 countries providing Intelligent Technology Solutions for organizations across the globe
- $7.1 billion in revenue in 2018
- Ranked #417 on the 2018 Fortune 500, #12 on the 2018 CRN Solution Provider 500
- 2018 Dell EMC Server Partner of the Year, 2018 Intel Retail Solution Partner of the Year, 2018 Microsoft Worldwide Artificial Intelligence Partner of the Year
- Ranked #23 on the 2019 Fortune 50 Best Workplaces in Technology and #5 on the Phoenix Business Journal 2018 list of Best Places to Work (Extra Large Business)
- Signatory of the United Nations (UN) Global Compact and Affiliate Member of the Responsible Business Alliance
Today's talent leads tomorrow's success. Learn about careers at Insight: jobs.insight.com .
Insight is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Posting Notes: Plano || Texas (US-TX) || United States (US) || None || None || US - Plano, TX ||Nearest Major Market:
Plano Nearest Secondary Market:
Dallas Job Segment:
Architecture, Engineer, Developer, Java, ERP, Engineering, Technology