The Solutions Architecture role will work to define high-level application solutions focusing on the mapping of IT capabilities to business needs. The Solution Architect will work closely with the Enterprise Architecture and Retirement Solutions teams to envision future technology needs to build and manage our Retirement applications – back office, B2B and B2C. The Solution Architect role will focus on defining the relationships, flows and implementation of business (processes/activities/functions, information), applications, data and technology for our applications.
- Define and maintain enterprise architecture standards
- Support the development and implementation of the Retirement Solutions application roadmap aligned with Enterprise Architecture standards and tools.
- Translate business priorities into IT architecture requirements for each respective Enterprise Architecture domain
- Apply software, data and infrastructure knowledge expertise of current and future architecture to projects. Understand as-is architectures and the implications of the architecture requirements on current and future architectures
- Define, document and maintain to-be domain architectures applying architecture guiding principles
- Augment architecture guiding principles
- Collaborate with domain architects to develop architecture roadmaps for all architecture domains
- Identify architecture gaps and inefficiencies and provide recommendations for improvements and alignment
- Assist in identification and development of new Enterprise Architecture assets, standards and frameworks
- Research industry-wide architecture and technology trends for the respective domain and present relevant point-of-views
- Review project architectures for compliance with enterprise standards as part of the Architecture Review Committee and make domain-specific recommendations
- Provide leadership on enterprise technologies and platforms such as API Management, REST, SOA, caching, cloud and analytics, mobile and others and ensure alignment to standard technologies
Knowledge & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in business, computer science, information systems or related discipline, or equivalent and extensive related project experience;.
- 7+ years of progressive experience in delivering enterprise-class, mission-critical and scalable application and Enterprise IT environment
- 5+ years of experience as an architect in a Java technology environment.
- Experience with legacy systems and complex technical environments using multiple technologies and languages.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Ability to communicate at a technical, business, or executive level.
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate into architectural deliverables.
- Extensive Experience with web services/micro-services standards and related technologies (HTTP(s), REST, JSON, WS*).
- Extensive experience in API design and in system and component design.
- Experience in multi-platform infrastructure distributed environments.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and work closely with project teams to deliver project artifacts.
- Ability to lead and influence others and work in a team environment.
- Strong conceptual, analytical and decision making skills.
- Maintain a broad understanding of legacy and emerging technologies to help innovate needed capabilities based on business needs
- Retail Wealth Management/Broker-Dealer, Financial Services/Retirement industry experience is a plus